CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

SAM COE PERFORMANCE

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 10:10 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAM COE PERFORMANCE

I recall reading a previous post comparing TVI's & Sam Coe's o-ringed 720 jug. Something about Sam's being thinner or something? What was that?

Old 10-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I think I had the first 105.5mm piston from samcoe...Im pretty sure but not positive, I also think I was the first to guinni pig the o-ringed sleeve Because it didnt work without it, first with the steel 0-ring, and that didnt work too good so we went with a copper 0-ring with aluminum tripple head gasket...Then once the sleeve started to shift due to improper installation, WE informed him and he finally fixed that...But from what I hear the pami - tvi cylinder is a MUCH more heavy duty near water jackets... But the revised sleeve has been working good on one of my bikes..

Hillbillyds, I think your lucky for ordering this kit when you did, I dont think you would have been a happy camper if you recieved the first set of pistons [ which didnt clear in head ] and the non - ringed sleeve. Which could have caused some probs..Though I am glad to hear some people are happy with motor...And if you have good experiences with Sam You have every right in the world to do bussiness with him..

Old 10-30-2003, 04:50 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Hillbilly you talked to Sam recently? Some how I doubt it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2003, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
...But from what I hear the pami - tvi cylinder is a MUCH more heavy duty near water jackets.....
The TVI is no where near as strong as the Pami.

Old 10-30-2003, 09:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img].

Old 10-30-2003, 09:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

well it may not be as strong as the pami but it ran stronger this last weekend and that was the 760 vs the 720. and i know you probably have faster quads but that was a pretty even test, race gas verus race gas same gearing. not that 760's aren't fast because azsand put it to the 720. i got one of the first 720's the cylinder i have runs fine i think several people on here can confirm that, the 105 cylinders now are a lot better than mine, or should i say they have a lot more overkill as far as support goes.

Old 10-30-2003, 09:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-30-2003, 03:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: THEBOM
Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
...But from what I hear the pami - tvi cylinder is a MUCH more heavy duty near water jackets.....
The TVI is no where near as strong as the Pami.

The last TVI 760 I saw 2 weeks ago said PAMI on the cylinder so what does that tell us... TVI uses pami cylinders sometimes..My mech says pami are the strongest..

Old 10-30-2003, 03:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I HAVE OWNED BOTH TVI & PAMI, I JUST HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO REPLACE A MOTOR WITH THE TVI & PAMI JUG SIDE BY SIDE I CHOSE THE TVI DSWORKS BECAUSE IT WAS STRONGER & THE SLEEVE IS A BETTER OPTION FOR THE OOPS OF THE FUTURE. I HAVE NOT A THIS TIME RACED BECAUSE OF BREAK IN BUT FROM WHAT I CAN TELL THE 770 IS MUCH STRONGER FROM BOTTOM TO TOP THAN MY PAMI 760. MY FIRST IMPRESSION IS WOW ON GARYS NEW MOTOR.

Old 10-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

Look at how fast Jeffinrivercity is and how long he has run the motor with out any problems. His jug has Pami on the side. You can make a turtle fly if you strap a rocket to it but that don't mean it was meant to do it. Kind of like TVI and Sam Coe cylinders.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

J Ross

Quick Reply: SAM COE PERFORMANCE