CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Trinity Exhaust or LTE what do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 05:49 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trinity Exhaust or LTE what do you recommend?

Trinity has a NEW DS650 exhaust system that is all stainless steel. How does this compare with the new Looney Tunes exhaust duals? Has anyone bought & run a Trinity? Trinity claims a 10 hp increase over stock. What about the MBRP? I've heard different mixed reviews on the MBRP. What has anyone heard? Does the Trinity have a Spark Arrestor? With the CALIFORNIA fire issues you better have a approved spark arrestor or you could go to JAIL!

Old 11-04-2003, 10:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

the trinity is about a year old, and works good and looks great you will have to do some tuning on your own to get the best power out of it.
the Lte isn't out yet for the ds so it isn't a known product yet. saw a set run on a raptor and it worked great.
the mbrp is getting a lot of negative press right now.
the graydon is a good pipe
and azsand has good luck with the alba pipe.

Old 11-04-2003, 10:52 AM
Pro Rider

Bear,

Like Sandman said, the LTE isnt out yet. All of us are hoping it provides nice power in a legal package. I don't think anything will ever beat the Ron Wood Racing pipe for power, but a lot of us want something legal. The LTE will be around 7 horsepower more (maybe 10hp more), spark arrested and 96 db. But, until people can test it in the real world, there are no recommendations from me.

Marky

Old 11-04-2003, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

Marky I got the sound level down on the Ron Wood not sure of the number's but it sure did pull hard. it is all bolt on and with spark arrestor.

Old 11-04-2003, 11:18 PM
Trailblazer

What do you mean by LEGAL in reference to exhaust? I read where people were referring to pipes as illegal what does this mean and what is a Legal pipe or exhaust? I've got a MBRP pipe on my 2003 DS650 Baja and the spark arrestor itsn 't USFS Approved. Does the Trinity pipe have a spark arrestor?

Tell me the best overall set-up: I''ve got Vortex CDI, RWR 45 Mukini carb. K&N filter with outerwear wrap. MBRP c omplete pipe. I want more top end. Will the RWR be a better pipe or is the TRINITY pipe?

GLWBEAR

Old 11-05-2003, 12:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i think my mom's woods pipe is louder then other pipes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

little sandman

Old 11-12-2003, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

hey little sandman, getting your typing skills dialed in?

glwbear, although i like my trinity pipe (think it sounds and performs great) there is absolutely no way that plus the new jetting and k&n filter gets anywhere near adding 10HP. i raced a raptor that was reportedly stock except for filter, jetting, and the lte duals, and he beat me every race up jetty hill in florence. i haven't been beat by piped raptors too often before (maybe when i first got the bike) but this guy pulled me easily every time, so i am definitely awaiting the debut of the lte for the ds