CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TVI!!! Go Figure.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TVI!!! Go Figure.

Alright what's up with the "15 bike lenghs"??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2003, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

I thinks its a little overboard to say Marios bike was beating everyone by 15 bikes. It was more like 13 or 14. Just ribbing you Mario. Hell at times us DS owners couldnt pay to race someone this last weekend. As soon as all the DS's started to get on line as comp, well thats all we had to race was other DS's. With the exception of a 1 or 2 raptors and Drag banshees.

Old 11-04-2003, 10:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

LOL, this shiz is funny!!! Tonys depth perception is WAAAYY off sometimes, so he will probably come on here and say it was 4-5 lengths LOL, Tony we will have to bring out the measuring tape next time...I never claim to beat every 4-stroke by 15 lengths, I only beat that TVI 760 by 3 bike lengths...I wasnt looking back too much this time...But I dont think any gas banshees beat me either....Tonys bike is fast though...when I passed him on my yellow bike it went by so fast I couldnt tell if I beat him by 10 bike lengths or 20, I tried to look back but almost went over the hill...

JOBBER, I gotta bust someones b@lls every now and then...

I guess yall will have to come to Dumont for thanksgiving to see the reality of the drags on the hill.

Old 11-04-2003, 10:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

SURE NICE HEARING GREAT THINGS ABOUT GASSER (GARY) & HIS MOTORS, CANT WAIT TO REPORT ON HOW THE 770 RUNS IN THE SAND. SANDMAN THE WEATHER MAN IM SURE WILL KEEP US POSTED ON THE WEEKEND.

Old 11-05-2003, 12:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ok, everyone seems to have been around the block once or twice. Who would you have build your bike if you were having to do it once again? Pami, Tvi, woods, or other. I know Sam Coe is out. So who do you think, why, and what kit?

Old 11-05-2003, 12:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider

the weather is'nt looking good for this weekend

engine build
1- tvi, yes power and price
2- pami yes starting to wonder on power and price
3- woods not enough power any more

Old 11-05-2003, 12:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ONEBIGDSRIDER ONE SOUTHERN BOY TO ANOTHER (IM FROM BATON ROUGE LA) I STARTED WITH RON WOODS, THEN TO KNUTZ PAMI & NOW DSWORKS TVI. GARY IS BY FAR THE ONE I WOULD USE TOMORROW. HE BACKS HIS WORK, AT THIS TIME HAS THE CUTTING EDGE MOTOR, EASY TO GET IN TOUCH WITH AND A PLEASURE TO WORK WITH. THATS MY STORY & IM STICKING TO IT

Old 11-05-2003, 12:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

How much did the 720 kits run from gary? Was that fully assembled or did you have to slap it together?

Old 11-05-2003, 01:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

1BigDSRider,

here is the link to the "DS Works' site.
DS Works Website

Here they list a "Big bore kit with O-Ring" I don't know much about the TVI kits but I believe this is the 'basic' 720. If you click on the link it shows you a picture of what you are buying. Assuming I'm correct that means the basic 720 kit is $1050. But to do anything good with that you need a carburetor which is around $500-ish (or more if you want duals etc.) and I'm sure $1050 doesn't get cams or anything. Then you'll need the stiff clutch springs etc, right? a rev box...

Oh and the new MSD ignition looks really cool. I don't think I have the time to figure out how I would set it up though. I deal with enough challenges & puzzles during my working day I DO NOT want any challenges or puzzles when I'm trying to have fun - I only want to be amused. (Makes lap dances sound really good, eh?)

The Stroker crank with piston - I assume this is the 770 kit?

Old 11-05-2003, 09:03 AM
Elite Pro Rider

well when you tink about it how much is a pami engine or a woods engine.

lets take a woods stage 1 you get a pipe a cdi and a 45mm carb a get starting place but if you can't tune it will be slower than stock and how much did you spend $1300

stage two another 8-9 hundred piston and cams and valve springs this will put you at what 2200 and you will have a ok machine you will get noticed but never be noticeably fast.

take a stock engine buy a $375 45mm a $450 pipe you can get pipes for less(alba) and run this for a while learn to tune that carb. then order a 720 cylinder $1050 you get a new sleeve that if you damage it is easy to repair[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] you will learn your engine and have some fun. then you will want a extended swingarm + 2-4 depends on riding style. this is where you will spend some coin $700. now your starting to run with the faster banshees. don't forget you will need new tires for the extra power, hopfully you can run some friends tires to see what works(thanks bruce) then when you want more go for a 1700 dollar race head and cams now things we be getting exciting. and then for the more adventurest comes the bottle and a stroke.

yes it cost money to go fast, and as most of you can see lots of it, the nice thing about gary's way is there are stages, i'm at the bottle stroke stage. and do you want to know the bad part he told me there working on a new piston. but that is all good the raptor guys around here have been losing to the 720 so i'm sure there at home making plans for there machines.

well just some more thought on the tvi 720, as far as service goes tvi is as good as i've had. a lot of the guys on here shop there and we end up riding together and just becoming pretty good friends thats a part of the fun you don't here a lot about, samcoe got people upset wonder how many got out because of him.

Quick Reply: TVI!!! Go Figure.