CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

outlander plastic breaking

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 10:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default outlander plastic breaking

has anyone had the plastic break

that is what is causing me not to consider the outlander.

can one get a bumper for one ?

Old 11-25-2003, 12:46 AM
Trailblazer

700 miles on both... and I've hit a few things. I haven't had any plastic issues at all. If I was to slam into a tree.. I would expect to have spare parts available through my dealer. I wouldn't let concernes over the plastic get to you.

They ride great and after 700 miles of hard trail riding... mine have had nothing go wrong with them excep the ITP tires that I put on that leaked like crazy. That problem has been solved by a dedicated dealer acting on my behalf.

I have not seen any reviews that would support a cat over the Outlander. I'm sure you have your reasons for considering the Cat, but I just haven't seen much on the web to support that decision.

Good luck and regards,
Kaz

Old 11-25-2003, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

I can't imagine the plastic would break, cause it feels so soft. ?? Down at the stealership, i could scratch the outlanders plastic with my girly fingernails! lol. I've heard that they scratch up and look bad real quick. That true Kaz? I'm glad to hear your's have been trouble free, I'm looking all over the net for positive news on these, cause my wife thinks they look like lil jeeps, and i want one....for her of course!

Old 11-25-2003, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

The landers plastic Scratches VERY easily.. Ive run it up against trees and been VERY hard on it, i even put it on its side. But there are NO BREAKS in the plastic.. it is VERY durable...

Old 11-25-2003, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

POW! Pulled the trigger today and got the outlander 400 HO for $5300 plus tax. Also got an IOU from the stealer for a full set of plastics(7 pieces) at cost(350) anytime in the next 2 years. I asked for that due to the overly soft, scratchable plastic on the quad, that i hope Bomb will correct eventually. I bought today in order to claim the free 3 year extended warranty from Bomb. (offer expires 11/30).
Saweeeeet! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Under the mud camo, what color do you have power?

Old 11-26-2003, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer

Ryanstones:

Glad to hear that you've made the leap of faith. You (your wife) will be happy with it. Regarding the plastic.... I've simply taken a light amount of scratch removing wax (pretty much anything that is made today) and applied it to the plastic... then ran a buffer gently over it... Being soft, yes stops it from breaking.. but can cause scratching. However, being soft, you can buff the scratches out pretty easily.

I've ran through so much brush and stuff over the last 1400 miles.. that my two have taken a few hits. Nothing that a little buffing hasn't cleaned right up. Do a little patch at a time to make sure you like the results before taking a buffer to the entire thing.

NOW... that you've got the Outlander... consider the ITP Holeshot ATRs.. They make a great difference to the stance and handling of the quad.. which is already very good. See my pics for what they look like on the Outlander. I also got the ITP wheels, which you don't have to do to get the benefit of the ATRs. I wouldn't ever go back to the stock tires after putting these on. It's very much worth the investment!

Enjoy,
Kaz

Old 01-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

Have you guys done anything to keep the rear compartment lid from popping off?

Mine came off while driving home and I lost it.

Jim!