CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Outlander 400 ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Outlander 400 ?'s

What are you guys paying for your Outlander 400s? I am all but decided on getting one. I'm going to ride one tomorrow.

What's this about the warranty? Do you have to pay additonal for it after the 1st?

Jim!

Old 12-27-2003, 04:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

Nascarfan ain't lying about his ol' polaris walking away from my outty. But that didn't bother me to bad. I didn't buy the thing to drag race anyway. I did but it to go riding through big deep mud holes and yesterday he out did me. Icouldn't go through hole he did. Mine died in the middle of the mudhole. This hole wasn't to deep but that is twice this has happened to me. Any body else having problems with thiers going dead in deep water. I'm talking over the muffler deep. I sprayed the spark plug witha pressure washer today and it never missed a lick. So i don't think it's electrical. It don't do it every time. It's strange

Old 12-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Trailblazer

I had mine out for the day at Tower City and put about 25 miles on it. I LOVE the thing. I'm still babying it until it breaks in, but the thing rocks! The engine breaking is terrific. I went down some pretty steep and rocky hills and never used my break.

Handles great and the ride is very smooth.

I love it!

Jim!

Old 01-02-2004, 03:52 AM
Pro Rider

lol you guys dont want to know what ive put this thing through... Been rolled once, been in water up to the seat.. Its veen raced and jumped.. I now have Synthetic oil in it.. feels a lil better now.. Its not abused, but its ridden VERY hard.. still no problems with over 500 miles and about 60 hours..

Old 01-14-2004, 04:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anybody know anyplace on the net or elsewhere that I can look to see how true this info about the possiblity of a 700 outlander is?? I heard about the 500 outy beforeand that that is apparently the largest rotax that will fit in the frame design of the outy but now I guess people are saying that they are designing an entirely new motor that will fit in the frame??

All this is great -- but how much is creditable? I am seriously interested is thats the case and need to start to figure out how exactly I am going to afford this if its true... and stop thinking about mods to my 400. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

thanks...

Old 01-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree the machine is a tank. I have rode it hard... and im glad that its held up--- and that Ive held up.. I posted it on another forum too but I took mine off a 20 ft cliff (accidentilly ) and all that happen was a bent rim, slightly bent a-arm new "knuckle" (my fault for dirving it back) and a shot strut... mostly because I landed hard on the left side just on the front tire...luckily I was ok....

only downside is that the machine has caused me to push my limits and so far I have evaded the hospital.. I have jumped this machine tons of times and it actually is an awesome jumper..nice and balanced too... you can catch some serious air and it soaks it up well... I wouldnt have wanted any other quad- its the best of both worlds... enough sport to feel sporty and enoguh utility to utilitize [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ....is that a word

Im glad I made a educated decision and got this machine I think I have about 500 miles and 60-70 hrs on mine too and nothign but exacted design flaw- recall etc problems...

I cant wait until they work out all the bugs and perfect this machine the only thing I guess I could wish for to make it stronger is non belt tranny

Old 01-17-2004, 06:30 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i have spent alot of time on an outlander latly probably going to own one soon . i have had them in mud done great i have had them on hardpack done great i have personaly raced the 500ho and it was so close it was hard to call inthe first 100yrds no race smoked the 500ho 600ho 700ho but they gained back quick 600 bearly gained 25 feet in a mile 700 left me in the dust . but put them on the trails they cant get away and if they dont watch there butt i will get ahaed of them . how much rider factors in on this is anyones guess . we are all pretty tough kickers . the polaris was the other bike i was interested in butt after looking at maintenance problems with polaris on the 03 & 04 irs i am shying away . as for the bigger outlander rumor it is not a rumor it will be out july 750cc inhouse dealer propaganda is impressive . late march early april i will post on this bike as i have been invited to the dealer test ride this year to put it through paces for my local dealer. i curently have a 30 400 4x4 outy from that dealer to play with until the test drive on the 750 ... i cant wait

Old 01-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

750 huh? awesome..... hear anything if its going to be EFI or not? or if they are going to change anything else on the machine other than the motor size??

Old 01-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] bill i only cuaght a very quick look at the specs my dealer bubby had that i realy was not suposed to even see ( ya no top secret i could tell you but i will have to kill you for dealer eyes only type propaganda ) and when i saw 750cc i about had the bigone . i have dropped a line to the dealer buddy to try and get a few specs if possable . if i can i will post about them asap

Old 01-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Trailblazer

hee hee hee......

You guys slay me....

Quick Reply: Outlander 400 ?'s