CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Garrett is making their own turbo kits...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garrett is making their own turbo kits...

Check it out! I wonder how long before they make one for the DS???

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbob...ondaEX400.htm#

Old 12-16-2003, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

that'd be nice but for that price i can have a 720 kit, and full suspension

Old 12-16-2003, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider

A 720 would be great, but its not gonna more than double your HP(which most turbo's can). If you figure a 720 along with Head work, cams, aftermarket carb and full exhaust then you are close to the same hp as a turbo w/ mild boost(the turbo would have MUCH more potential) and spending MORE than the kit(not to mention down time, and labor), and that would NOT include aftermarket suspension. I would think a longer swingarm would be a plus with the 720 and prolly a MUST with a Turbo!
Its all in what you want.
If you want added power AND handling, then the 720 and suspension will definatly get you there
If you want ALOT of added power(enough to spank most quads you'll come across), then BOOOST it...

I agree, its still darn expensive. I'll prolly build my own turbo kit once i get my EFI up and working...for MUCH less!

Old 12-16-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro Rider

ya well i can beat 95% of the quad out here now, so i don't really need more power, but i want more [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], plus thats be nice for the tracks i wanna get, and i like to trail ride, i have never been to the dunes and rarely drag race, so i think a mild 720 would be great for wat i want, and i like to jump so better suspension would be nice,

Old 12-16-2003, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

I was'nt knocking your opinion or what you wanted it for. I agree, a 720 and suspension would work best for you. Just saying that it won't nessisarily be cheaper or anywhere near the power.

The big price of a turbo(and there are some cheaper than the one i posted, much cheaper) is a bargin when you figure what you get. Its down fall is that its alot out of pocket ALL AT ONCE! Its not really something you can start small on and add to as $$$ is available like you can N/A. BUT, the end result is often ALOT more power for MUCH cheaper.

Old 12-16-2003, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

i agree that it'll make alotta power, but to me thats still expensive, i know i'll never get 720 or full suspension,
and you'll hafta let us know how ya do building ur own,

Old 12-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Pro Rider

Garrett is marketing the KMS turbo system, the DS system is almost complete.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2003, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Its too expensive for me as well! I'm working on the EFI. I'm working on getting the factory CDI system to trigger the ECU that i'm using. It will work with the MSD ignition that is available for the DS, but i wanna get it working with the factory stuff to keep costs down for anyone that already has a CDI other than the MSD. I've had a TON of help from DSjockey regarding fitment issues on the dual throttlebody setup and throttle cable linkage. I have yet to get my head back from being ported so i've been on hold in that phase. DSjockey has already got them bolted up and the linkage working with minimal modification. Once i get it up and working, i'll prolly add a turbo. It should be easy with EFI and this ECU...

Old 12-17-2003, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

And Birdoprey has helped me a ton too...Thanks to ScoobyDFW too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2003, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Randy,

I just got off the phone with National Semiconductor trying to get more info on this circuit that i need. They were not much help(did'nt really understand what i was needing). I'm still working on it though. I hope to get it figured out in the next few weeks...