CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Procomengineering CDI...Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procomengineering CDI...Any good?

No,.. There is another place just remove the spaces http:// www. on-dunes. com

Old 01-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

same $$$ as duncan $399.00 mark how much messing with different settings did you do after installing kit befor you you'r were happy with the two different modes?

Old 01-16-2004, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JEFFROE
same $$$ as duncan $399.00 mark how much messing with different settings did you do after installing kit befor you you'r were happy with the two different modes?
You have to email for a good price. Yes, I use the two mostly, but the 3rd for the linear power is also interesting

Old 01-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

mark did you feel an improvement in top end power with the vortex over another after market cdi?

Old 01-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

Jeff,

I moded other items at the same time. There is no way I could tell you it was a gain over any other CDI itself. A dyno would be the best to tell - Its a lot like an exhaust.

Marky

Old 01-17-2004, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

mark did vortex set up the rev limit on you'r box? it said that a tech has to do this?

Old 01-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ironrod
Here's the latest: Procom may make CDIs for Alba and Big Gun, but after the lawyers got out the big sticks, it appears that Procom is in fact using thier own curve, not the Big Gun power curve as they have been advertising. Its important to note that Big Gun promises to improve horsepower, and will now be publishing its power curves and comparative horsepower gains over stock. The word is that Procom will refuse to publish its dyno. Interesting. What about Alba? Well thier boxes are exactly like Procom, with the same curve as Procom.
I call BuIIshlt...............
Its pure conjecture on your part that the Procom was ever the same as Big Gun.Sounds to me like Big Gun never had a case ( I wouldn't be surprised if this whole deal wasn't a fabrication!).
Trying to say the timing curve is intellectual property would be damn hard to prove anyway, A change of 1 degree or .5 of a degree anywhere in the curve would negate any claim that it was a copy.
If RWR or Eldebrock or TVI or Trinity sold you a jet kit or complete carb and you "reverse engineered it" and posted in a thread here the exact jetting specs, would you also be liable in the same way you claim Procomm was?
Procom refusing to publish dyno results? Wasn't it you that said they had no test quads?

Old 01-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JEFFROE
mark did vortex set up the rev limit on you'r box? it said that a tech has to do this?
Jeff,

The curves can be re-programmed, but mine was set up by vortex - simply out of the box - no re-programming.

Marky

Old 01-17-2004, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: truckracer
Originally posted by: ironrod
Here's the latest: Procom may make CDIs for Alba and Big Gun, but after the lawyers got out the big sticks, it appears that Procom is in fact using thier own curve, not the Big Gun power curve as they have been advertising. Its important to note that Big Gun promises to improve horsepower, and will now be publishing its power curves and comparative horsepower gains over stock. The word is that Procom will refuse to publish its dyno. Interesting. What about Alba? Well thier boxes are exactly like Procom, with the same curve as Procom.
I call BuIIshlt...............
Its pure conjecture on your part that the Procom was ever the same as Big Gun.Sounds to me like Big Gun never had a case ( I wouldn't be surprised if this whole deal wasn't a fabrication!).
Trying to say the timing curve is intellectual property would be damn hard to prove anyway, A change of 1 degree or .5 of a degree anywhere in the curve would negate any claim that it was a copy.
If RWR or Eldebrock or TVI or Trinity sold you a jet kit or complete carb and you "reverse engineered it" and posted in a thread here the exact jetting specs, would you also be liable in the same way you claim Procomm was?
Procom refusing to publish dyno results? Wasn't it you that said they had no test quads?
Call it what you will. Most people know me in here and I don't fabricate stories. The curves are different, which Procom sales folks used to say were the same. You are correct, there has to be some changes in the curve in order to make them different, which you acknowlege. There are plenty of folks in this forum that have purchased the Procom units and were told by the Procom sales folks that they were exactly the same. I also have email from Procom also writing that they are the same. This made some sence because Procom does indeed build them for Big Gun. So, who is really calling bullsh!t? Now I've been told by Big Gun that they are indeed not the same curves. What I am calling for now are dyno charts to proove that fact. Would you be open to viewing the charts and the Dyno numbers?

Marky