CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron 44 problems and questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2003, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lectron 44 problems and questions

What can I do to allow it to enter more fuel? Seems like my 720 DS didn't run unless I hit it with more gas. Also what can I do to ensure my DS starts easier. I also had an issue with gas leaking from it's vent tubes.

Old 12-20-2003, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

Entomber, you need a bigger carb man! There are folks that will bore out an existing carb, but it ends up being the same price as a new one.

Old 12-20-2003, 06:42 PM
Pro Rider

Marky/Iron

I just hate the thumb effort on a 45MM carb. I tried Hightowers when I met him at Silver lake. it's easier than my friends but no easy enough. If Yamaha can have a quad running duals with an easy effort I don't see how the DS with a single can be murderous on the hand.

Old 12-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the effort required to push the thumb throttle on my TM45 is extremely easy. yes, slightly greater than the stock DS effort, but still easier than any stock honda, or any other stock bike with carbs other than vacuum slide, and just about everybody says the same.
I think the ease of throttle pull on vacuum slide carbs got too many spoiled. you're comparing to your raptor pull - those are vacuum slides too and very easy. But try somebody's banshee with dual faltslides and you'll see how bad that can suck.

But anyway, kinda off your original topic. Sorry, I have no Lectron tuning experience, but as for gas leaking from the vent the only thing I can think of is float level not shutting off the flow from the tank - either adjustment off, or maybe dirt in the seat.

BTW dude, the video footage I promised you? Well unfortunately it accidently got taped over before it ever got put on VHS and its lost forever man[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]. I did however recieve the disk you sent me and enjoyed it very much - I owe you one, maybe we'll hook up again in '04....

Old 12-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hightower is correct! Check your needle and seat to see if there is anything (debris) in it. This is what happens when fuel comes out the vent tubes.

Have you adjusted your needle in the carb? Do you know if the needle is the proper size? If you screw the needle in one full turn, does it help, or hurt the response of the bike?

DuneDevil

Old 12-20-2003, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Hightwoer,

No sweat. It would have been cool to see... but no worries. Yeah next time in 04 if I get this thing running I will defintely meet you guys on a REAL machine. Yes I'm spoiled. I just want my ride to be enjoyable not brutal.

I think you guys are right about my problem. The thing is the lectron is a funky carb. You can see thru the bowl (its clear) however and the float. I will check it later. Perhaps that's why it's somewhat starving for gas. I'm kind of fed up with this carb. it's very non traditional.

Old 12-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Did you buy this carb from a builder or carb supplier? If so, I am sure he will give you the right needle adjustments. And I am sure he will give you the correct needles for your bike and carb.

For you to think that the carb is "non traditional" is not going to help you out. This style of carb is on the fastest motorcycles out there. They are just tuned properly. And it will take some time for you to learn how to tune your carb. These builders that have been tuneing these carbs, did not just throw one on and it work, it took time to figure it out.

You have to have patience and read what the bike is wanting. Then give it to the bike.

Does this carb have a power jet on it? Does it have a jet in it? What size is the needle? You might have a needle for alcohol in it......

DuneDevil

Old 12-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

Thats is correct pay attention to dune I just got my 46 tuned today it took a while, and believe you me I was pretty much feedup with mine aswell , but you gotta keep swinging . but you can forget about getting it to idle smoth it's a race carb and not made to idle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] so good luck and hope it works for you.

Old 12-20-2003, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

My lectron 46HV idles just fine. Keep swinging, you will get it adjusted soon.

Old 12-20-2003, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

My problem is that it DOESN'T want to start at ALL. Driving me nuts having that starter running for liek 30 seconds or more. I have no clue what to adjust to get it going.

Quick Reply: Lectron 44 problems and questions