CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

pami horse power

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pami horse power

Originally posted by: Forcefed
I'm not bashing the 760's but I don't want people misled because they have been misled in the past by Knutz and disappointed.
Honestly, I think the practice of relying on Peak Hp numbers is the main cause of many upset customers..... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Unfortunately......thats the only way to drum-up business with CERTAIN customers.....`cause thats all they understand.

Can`t beat a well informed patron!

Good post. Remember guys when reading the horsepower numbers you should compare the same bike before and after on the SAME dyno. Then calculate the percentage increase and use that as your estimate. Whats 60 hp on one dyno will not be 60 hp on another. Its the increase percentage that can be used for comparison.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:59 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default pami horse power

Different dynos equal different numbers. If you are putting 60 or more HP to the ground you have a runner. The Bom has 5 to 10 HP to much anyway. A full deal pammi 760 is a killer motor with a killer price. But that is the way it is. HP is expensive. I know of a couple of raptors with over 7k in motor/carbs/cdi.

Old 12-23-2003, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default pami horse power

It would be alot cheaper to go two stroke.

Old 12-23-2003, 12:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default pami horse power

Originally posted by: 02bansheeman
True for all out drag speed but, if you like to Dune, that is a different issue.

A Shee with pipes, carbs, reeds and porting will be a good race against a Pami 760. Now add $2k (easily) in suspension work to the Shee to get it to the point where it won't beat the $hit out of you when you are out on the all day dune rides and you have spent about the same. The Shee will need to be torn down every other year at least for a look at the top end and if you aren't spot on your jetting you can burn the Shee engine up. . . do worry on the DS!

The thing I love is pulling up to a Shee and giving them the nod. You can tell they think, Oh, this is a waste of my time. Then when I beat them it is funny to watch them shake their head in disbelief. Now, I'm not saying I'll beat your drag Banshee but, honestly I enjoy duning far more than drag racing.

Yes, if drag racing is what you are into the 2-stroke is it but. . . Me, I prefer to see the whole hill.

As for HP numbers it is easy to see why builders do this. . . Would you rather have a 60HP quad or a 70HP quad? Most people out there don't know enough to question the dyno. So, they go with the builder that has the higher HP. Very deceptive if you ask me!

Old 12-23-2003, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default pami horse power

OH BY THE WAY!! pami's numbers are off the motor not at the tire(it's a german thing). my 760 made 61hp at the tire with small'ish cams and dual 36's on gas. don't forget the torque numbers on the 760's, thats where alot of the fun is at 44lbs of torque[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default pami horse power

Just how much does it cost you to get that 60 to 70 hp out of your ds on just motor no nos or turbo. Cause a shee you can get 110 hp for around $3500

Old 12-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default pami horse power

i think it was about $4500-6000 for the 760 kit, dual carbs,head work,cams ect but i don't have to listen to the zing-zing-zing or mix oil with the gas (i hate that!!)

Old 12-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default pami horse power

Originally posted by: 02bansheeman

Are you sure about that??? I have roughly $800 in my DS motor, an I remeber swapping wins with you and your DRAG shee at the river. And that was with OIL flowing out my exhaust, from a busted valve giude seal[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] How much money do you have in yuor SHEE???

BIgger IS better.

Old 12-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default pami horse power

in motor and carbs intakes around 1200 but my bike was geared wrong and spinnin like a bitch because i need 12 paddles

Old 12-23-2003, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default pami horse power

hey kyle did you see my post about only making 45hp on the dyno? i took off my mbrp pipe and put back on my stocker, and WOW!! that was it. it runs like a 760 should[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] must have gotten a bad pipe becuase i put it on at the same time the shim under was done and never ran any other pipe til now.going back to the dyno next tues to rerun but it feels real strong with just the stock pipe. can't wait til the dual systems come out.

Quick Reply: pami horse power