CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Which Brand of Jet kit????

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Brand of Jet kit????

Originally posted by: MisterHP

Now let me confuse yall a little: If you want to lean out the very top end and pick up 2HP put your snorkel tubes in and just zip tie them to the frame rail along the bottom of the seat. I learned this little trick on the dyno.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

MrHorsepower
Eric, I'm using a 165 DJ main. I'm no where near lean but I doubt I'm gonna get more power by jetting up a bit will I?? I got my DJ needle in the leanest position and the 165 DJ main is the leanest I could find. And even being winter (cold) the inside of my endcap still has some black on it but when I took my cap off the metal core was dark tan. Think it's burning good? I say it's still rich as hell but it runs great, but I don't have no dyno to compare jetting changes..... Ahhh rubbish![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2004, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider

I actually noticed that you run the snorkels along the frame rail yesterday when i looked at your pictures (the very first one). Thanks for sharing the tip, I'll have to give it a try.

RoughRider01

Old 01-02-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

I couldnt believe it when I saw it. I pulled them out and put em back in twice. Each time it lost power and then gained it back when they went back in. When they are out you will gain 2ft lbs torque across the board below 5000rpm.

Pushin are you running the air lid on. Pull that DJ stuff out and try the stocker.

MrHorsepower

Old 01-02-2004, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

Ya I'm running the air lid, but I had the dam thing drilled full of holes so I taped it up and it looks like hell and I'm sure it don't help performance worth a crap. Anyone got a good air lid they wanna get rid of? So MisterHP, for now should I try the stock needle in richest position and the stock main? I think it would run richer than it is now wouldn't it? If so I wouldn't think that would help?

Old 01-02-2004, 10:24 AM

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

The DJ needle is smaller which lets more fuel pass by. Stock needle is fatter letting less fuel by thats why it has to be in the richest position.

MrHorsepower

Old 01-02-2004, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

K cool, thanks a lot MisterHP![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

i missed the results on weather to take the lid on or off. i always thought that with the lid off u picked up more torque.what kind of differences did u get on the dyno misterHP?

Old 01-02-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Due to the vaccume slide carb, if you keep the lid on and jet it right you will have more power than with the lid off and re jetted. May be MisterHP will say the HP/torque difference.

Old 01-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Oh I see you got a different carb.... Pull that lid off and rejet! The keeping the lid on for more power idea only works with the stock carb.

I think I'm correct anyway??

Old 01-03-2004, 12:26 AM

Air lid on with stock carb only!!!

MrHorsepower

Quick Reply: Which Brand of Jet kit????