CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

KMS TURBOS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default KMS TURBOS!!!

Has anyone heared anymore about when the kms turbo will be avaliable for ds650?

Old 01-18-2004, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMS TURBOS!!!

Haulin,
One thing that I learned this week was that the alledged "KMSturbos" web site is in fact not owned nor operated by KMS, it was set up by an individual that wanted to be a distributor of thiers but there was a falling out. That site is not updated, maintained nor will they forward on any request for information to KMSperformance. Also the information on that website is inaccurate in many areas. This is the official website for KMS Performance

Old 01-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default KMS TURBOS!!!

anyone know price or HP from dyno runs?

Old 01-18-2004, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default KMS TURBOS!!!

Originally posted by: BartlettRacing
they are out now !!
Well, I have tried to look into their system and could find nothing more than some not very good photos. Majaorecho seems to be in contact with these guys but so far zero information from the guys making the stuff. I would never part with $4K with this kind of information on the product. I don't mind buying stuff off the web but with no telephone number or address or even any replies from the builder, now your telling me that even the website is not in control..?? It's not giving me allot of confidence in the whole deal..

Old 01-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default KMS TURBOS!!!

SpinCycle,

The link that Major put up looks good. Has contact info and everything. If you overlooked the link, here it is again.

Turbo link

DuneDevil

Old 01-19-2004, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default KMS TURBOS!!!

HMMMmmmm 8.1 piston is all i would have to do. JUST WHEN I THINK I'M DONE I GET SUCKED BACK IN!!!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] OK sign me up when are the kits ready?

Old 01-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default KMS TURBOS!!!

my email request for info was returned? maybe no one is home?

Old 01-19-2004, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default KMS TURBOS!!!

Has anyone seen a running finished product turbo DS? Where do you send your money..?? What are you going to recieve for your dollars?

Old 01-19-2004, 08:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default KMS TURBOS!!!

I met the guy and spoke with him for about 20 minutes at the Hill on Sunday. I was impressed with how clean the installation looked. Would have liked to have ridden it but. . .

Jeffroe: You should do it and let us know how it goes. . .

I thought about it the whole way home. I think the 720 may be a better engiine for the turbo (less stroke). But, I actually had another idea [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

In any case the power that Major is getting is impressive. What engine are you running now Major? 733??? I had heard you had stock stroke???

Old 01-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default KMS TURBOS!!!

DuneMe,
still running the 733, and I would also think that a non stroker motor stock or big bore would be a very good candidate for a turbo system, I'm not going to change mine, but I believe that a longer stroke on a faster reving motor is not the ideal combo.
He has dynoed a stock ds650 at 95hp with almost 40psi of boost in an attemt to blow the bottom end out, he was unsuccessful in this endeaver and has alot of respect for the way the rotax motor can handle abuse.

Kelly has said I can give out the KMS number if folks want to call for info or to get on a waiting list.
The number is 623-363-7291

Quick Reply: KMS TURBOS!!!