CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Cold weather....Help please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold weather....Help please.

My outlander hates the cold. I brought it to my fathers house(heated garage)and it started after sitting inside for 30min. If I leave it in my shed (not heated) for any amount of time it won't even begin to start. Other peoples machines have been starting no problem even at the bitter cold temps we've had latley(-25f). What gives? Does anyone else have cold weather starting problems? I put dry gas in my tank when I had it running so by rights it should be getting fuel. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks, Chris

Old 01-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe it just does not like cold, you better ship her to Florida so she can live out her days in the warm weather. Sorry had to do it. I would assume you are using the choke right? I have a QuadRunner that also does not like the cold and when she gets to stubborn I pull the plug and hit the jug with a propane torch and reinstall the plug and she starts right up. I would not think you would have to do that to a new Bombardier or should one expect you to. My Quadrunner is 17 years old and needs alittle help once in awhile. AlaskaBoy.

Old 01-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

not sure what motor is in the outlander? when my ds had a hard time starting i would take off the air cleaner and hold my hand over the mouth of the air inlet and it would start right up!! the carbs on our new machines have fuel richining circuits not butterfly chokes like the older machines had, there just not as good so when it gets real cold the richening system can't do enough. good luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]