CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

CHANGES - 2004 Outlander

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CHANGES - 2004 Outlander

Originally posted by: eja
Is this the clunker thread? you guys better keep quiet, unless you don't mind hearing someone say '' there he goes; he's riding a clunker.
aahhahah

I dont really care about the noise anymore.. If the Dealer can fix it thats great.. But if not, oh well.

Old 04-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer

I guess as long as it doesnt effect performance, its just a noise. As long as everything else works. The 2 year waranty special might be worth it in the long run.

Old 04-12-2004, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

The noise sucks.......
I just got Holeshot ATRs for the rear and i can not belive how awsome these tires are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

We had the noisiest Outlander ever. Hi Landerlady. We sent the motor back to Bombardier where they put it in another chassis, tested it, determined there was nothing unusual, and sent it back.

At this point however, the only remaining noise is definetely the clutch engaging and disengaging. We did have a loose top motor mount and a loose exhaust mount, a bad starter and bendix, the swing arm pivot noise, a bad thermo switch for the fan. When the brakes get wet they make a horrendous noise, still. We have put over 200 miles on this quad testing it. We are selling it as a demo.... SHort for demo,,don't go there.

We like this quad, despite its problems. Our extensive testing has convinced us this is one of the best handling, most fun utilities out there. Either one of the mechanics or a salesman will end up buying it. It is camo so it still looks pretty good. This was a Friday afternoon or monday morning machine. Every other Outlander has been fine, this was just a lem...don't go there, or a clunk....don't go there.....

Old 04-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi to you too Fourlix, so you still have the noisy Outlander and Bomb found nothing wrong with it....doesn't surprise me. I hadn't heard anything regarding the outcome of you shipping that engine off to them. They are nice machines, but hopefully someday they workout this slack noise. Thanks for posting the outcome of your problems......and I repeat lots of problems. At least the person who buys it from you will have an IN for repairs!!

Old 04-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fourlix
We had the noisiest Outlander ever. Hi Landerlady. We sent the motor back to Bombardier where they put it in another chassis, tested it, determined there was nothing unusual, and sent it back. At this point however, the only remaining noise is definetely the clutch engaging and disengaging. We did have a loose top motor mount and a loose exhaust mount, a bad starter and bendix, the swing arm pivot noise, a bad thermo switch for the fan. When the brakes get wet they make a horrendous noise, still. We have put over 200 miles on this quad testing it. We are selling it as a demo.... SHort for demo,,don't go there.We like this quad, despite its problems. Our extensive testing has convinced us this is one of the best handling, most fun utilities out there. Either one of the mechanics or a salesman will end up buying it. It is camo so it still looks pretty good. This was a Friday afternoon or monday morning machine. Every other Outlander has been fine, this was just a lem...don't go there, or a clunk....don't go there.....
My brakes seem to get really noisy when they are wet too.. Anything i can do?
Those seem to be the only problems i have is noisy brakes and the drivetrain slack noise... They suck but i wouldnt trade it for anything...

Old 04-15-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider

We've had some luck putting EBC brake pads on Quests, which have squeaky brakes. Haven't tried them on an Outlander yet, but might as well.....

Old 04-15-2004, 04:26 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fourlix
We've had some luck putting EBC brake pads on Quests, which have squeaky brakes. Haven't tried them on an Outlander yet, but might as well.....
I might have to try that if i can find some.. After 800+ miles my pads are getting pretty worn.....

Old 04-17-2004, 01:38 AM
Trailblazer

Powerstroke:

Congrats on the ATR's. Go for the front ones ASAP and feel the control through the corners. Major improvement and well worth the investment.

Enjoy the weekend,
Kaz

Old 04-17-2004, 02:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KazViking
Powerstroke:Congrats on the ATR's. Go for the front ones ASAP and feel the control through the corners. Major improvement and well worth the investment.Enjoy the weekend,Kaz
Im gonna try. So far im loving these tires.. I havent gotten any real trail time with em yet but ive got a big ride coming up in a few weeks so well see.