CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Please give your opinion here

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 03:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please give your opinion here

i am going to ride it some more today then it's going to the bomb shop

Old 02-08-2004, 05:37 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Jiminok i think your right about the vent being pinched, it looked and if it was smashed between the plastic and the tank, i wonder how to keep that from happening again, it had died would start unless on full choke, so i opened the lid and it ran fine,, took it apart there it was pinched,,, THANKS JIMINOK

Old 02-08-2004, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

Your "thanks" was earned by just hanging out here and talking shop with the other forum members. I remember that problem coming up several times over the past two years I've been a member and it sure sounded like the same situation. Most of us unwrap the vent line from around the tank and shorten it up then run it towards the front of the quad to where the end is hanging below the radiator. I have vented gas caps on both mine and my daughter's quad--they look sharp and that scenerio doesn't come into play.

You are welcome,

Jim

Old 02-08-2004, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

This thread brings a [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] to my face! Forum members helping each other out, thats why I became a supporting member. It's well worth the money, Congrats to ya'll! IMO the bomb forums have the highest supporting member ratio[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Later!

Old 02-08-2004, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: brandonDs650
I looked for pinched fuel lines and stuff I could not see anything,, everything looks ok to me,
Jim is asking you to check the Vent Tube that connected to the bottom outside of the tank fill filler. To get to that tube, you'll have to remove the yellow facia, and black tank cover. Its usually wrapped around the main tank. By cracking the fuel cap, you can tell if the fuel starvation is a result of a vacuum in the tank.

Marky

SORRY DELAYED POST!

Old 02-08-2004, 10:40 PM
Trailblazer

RIS DESIGNS makes a VENTED Gas Cap.Once you get one your problems will go away!

GLWBEAR

Old 02-09-2004, 11:37 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GLWBEAR
RIS DESIGNS makes a VENTED Gas Cap.Once you get one your problems will go away!

GLWBEAR
Gary,

I agree with you. The stock vent tube is problematic at best. I pinched off that stock tube and got a vented gas cap.

RIS Designs is fine. But there have been improvements from other manufacturers over the last 6 months. The thread design on the DS for the fuel filler cap is unique. Each thread is rounded on top, and flat on the bottom. By designing the right thread, the cap will not only screw on more accurately, but also seal better when it's tight. Plus, some manufacturers are actually pressing a one way valve right into the vent on the cap, so all you need is a tube if you want. Some of the gas caps I see on Ebay look like they weigh quite a bit, good caps should weigh around .4 lbs.

Another thing is, all of RIS designs are now produced overseas and actually cost more than the american counterpart. American jobs are a good thing!

Marky