CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

camp site thief

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camp site thief

we were in a state ran site this weekend, and it was busy i'd say until about 1-2 in the mornin and then around 5-6 people start to get up and start there day. well sunday morning i'm over at the bathroom about 7 and this lady starts getting excited well turned out during the night someone had wheeled away there motorcycle, it was sad for them. well just a reminder bring the cable and locks. and that only keeps honest people honest i've seen several tricks on getting those off, but at least make it harder for them to get.

Old 02-17-2004, 02:59 AM
Quad Patrol
Default camp site thief

sandman, I agree, you almost need to lock down everything of value. That includes the ice cold beverages. Buddy of mine (fellow deputy) had his 400ex and another quad stolen from their camp at pismo. They were able to follow the tracks to where the quads were and caught the low life thieves. Hard to believe they stayed with the quads after they ran out of gas from riding all night. Guess they had too many cold ones themselves.

Old 02-17-2004, 05:51 AM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

We were at Florence, OR last summer and I was awoken at around 3:30 by the sounds of someone rustling through our stuff. So I threw on some cloths, and my shoes, grabbed my flashlight and headed out the door of my tent just in time to see the culprit running off into the woods with my container of home made chocolate chip cookies. Now let me say, that I realize that a persons life is not worth a bunch of cookies, but did I mention that it was a bunch of Home Made Chocolate Chip Cookies? So off into the woods I went. About 30 yards down the trail, there they were, only there was 6 of them and they were getting ready to tear into my cookies. So I shinned my light into their eyes, Yelled, and headed right for them. Needles to say they dropped the cookies and ran off into the woods. After that night, I locked my cookies up. That will teach them to mess with a guys Chocolate Chip Cookies, Dam Raccoons.

We always lock up our Quads, and try to put them in an area where it would be very difficult to get them out of. Same with my chookies.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

You have to lock them up at night, or even during they day if you are away. Last year at Glamis someone even stole beer out of my cooler in mid-day when I was inside the trailer looking right at him .... it sure makes you wonder!

Old 02-17-2004, 10:42 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

yeah the raccoon can be a problem, guess thats a good reason to bring the dog[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Just can't trust anyone these days- funny story

Old 02-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Yeah, I always lock my bikes up and encourage everyone to do the same. One other suggestion. If you have easy-to-remove goodies (billet), take em' off and put them away. Sand Mt. last year someone went site to site taking this stuff off of bikes. Its easy cash on ebay.

Hate thieves.....ok, Ill stop there. lol.

Old 02-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

I have a story for you guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I went to my automatic gate to leave today & it was on the ground, all 30' of it. Operator gone, key pad & post gone & all electronics gone. Only thing left was 2 post in concrete. Bad when someone steals your security gate!!!!!!!

Old 02-17-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Now that really sucks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 02-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default camp site thief

Sounds like you sleep like i do. How far away is the gate from you house?

Quick Reply: camp site thief