CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Any bomb guys ride a Raptor before getting the bomb?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any bomb guys ride a Raptor before getting the bomb?

unless you are just racing up hill's the banshee may not be a good choice, they are fast when done right though, but the 4 strokes are getting there.

Old 02-20-2004, 08:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Kintama

That is what makes quad buying so hard. You can sit on them, ride them in the parking lot, and then you have to decide.
All we get to do around here is sit on them, maybe. There is no such thing as riding them around the parking lot. Not from a Yamaha or Honda dealer etc anyway. It's an insurance thing they tell me everytime. The quads on the floor don't have the fluids etc in them anyway I believe. Don't even get to hear them run. LOL

If your buying new and on time, the 10 or so extra dollars a month will be worth it for the X. imo.

Old 02-20-2004, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

I paid cash for my Raptor, and would have to sell it to get a Baja. I don't do finance, I pay cash for everything.

Old 02-20-2004, 09:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

Your a smart guy, that financing thing is just like diggin youself a hole somtimes.

Old 02-20-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

I went to a dealer today. The Bomb is just what I am looking for[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Problem is my Raptor. They had a 03 Baja for 5500. There are no books on a 04 Raptor out. I am looking to trade straight across and they wouldn't do it? The value of my bike has to be more than a used 03 Baja.

Nada retail on an 03 Raptor is 5340.00 mine is a 04. I have to be over the Baja. Nada on the Baja is low 4240, high 5580.

Is TVI out in Hillsboro, off ov TV highway???

Old 02-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

Nevermind, found them.

Old 02-20-2004, 11:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The two ATVs MSRP in a similar price range, and the 2004 is newer so you would think they would do a straight across trade. How much cash did they want to go along with it - or were they hoping to see a blue book price on the Raptor before they took the trade?

Old 02-20-2004, 11:57 PM
Pro Rider

He was hinting at cash, and I said no. I know I will lose on a straight up trade for a older machine, but I will not spend any more cash.

He was going off retail for the Baja, and retail for an 03 Raptor. Doesn't match, and the Baja has more hours than my Raptor. I have less than 10 hours on this bike.

Old 02-21-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider

I bought one of the first Raptor when they came out,rode it for a couple of years before getting the Bomb.I would have to say the Bomb rides better,also responds to mods much better.I am very happy with the trade.jmo[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2004, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

Kintama,

Before you let go that Raptor try to find someone who owns a DS. If wheelies are your thing Raptor's are easier to get those front tires off the ground on demand than a DS. If Drag racing or hill climbing is your forte the DS is hard to beat. I own both and I like them each for thier own reasons. I can fly around the tight trails faster on a Raptor. DS I'm worried I'm going to break an a-arm and I defintely don't want to push this beast back home. If I lived out where there is nothing but miles and miles of dunes I'd prob have bought another DS but living in Jersey where we have some sand spots and lots of trails I opted to get a machine for both occasions. DS is defintely a better built quad over the Raptor and maintaince overall is easier on the big bad DS. Raptors are everywhere and your DS will get attention. Both are good bikes but from my experience you'll have less problems with the Stock DS as opposed to the Raptor.

Good luck.

Quick Reply: Any bomb guys ride a Raptor before getting the bomb?