CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

@(#*$ Cartoys! Stereo expert.....wannabees!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default @(#*$ Cartoys! Stereo expert.....wannabees!

Just returned from Cartoys. Bought myself a new set of speakers for the ol' Wrangler. I pick out the speakers I want to have, ask if they fit the Wrangler. He walks out, consults with the "Manager" and comes back, "Yep, those are a bolt-in fit!" Then the "Manager" walks over and tells me I have to take the WHOLE dash off of it to put them in, better have their "Experts" do it for them. Hmmmmmm.

I walk out to the ol' Wrangler and size it up. Take out a phillips screwdriver and remove the "Stock" speaker by removing the 2 screws on the cover. Then the 4 screws holding the speaker. Unplug it. Walk back in 2 minutes (really, it was only 2 minutes) and tell them.."Just took the whole dash off, easier than I thought...are you hiring?"

Then he goes in back to get the speakers we had said were a direct fit. Wrong speakers. Those werent the ones I looked at. Finally, a box comes out of the store room. I ask "are you sure those fit the Wrangler?" Sold, paid for, out the door I go........

.........4 hours later after a trip to get metal......still fitting.........gotta bend that piece too........"Yeah Cartoys, they are a (!^*#@$ direct fit my A$$!"

Argh!!!

At least the bike hasnt had anything thrown at it yet. lol.

Old 02-28-2004, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

My dad had them put a security plus keyless entry system on his Toyota Tacoma a few months back...when he got home from Tulsa (about 40 min away) he was pissed. Said his pickup was running like crap and was getting lousy fuel mileage. It was too late to take it up with them that night so he slept on it with plans for a next morning attack on them. In the morning I suggested we look under the hood for something obvious...within two minutes of popping the hood we found the problem. Driver's side near the windshield of the engine compartment we found a vacuum line that had be pulled loose. We'll never know if it was a deliberate attempt to steal money or a careless mistake, but he'll vowed never to give them his business again.

Jim

Old 02-28-2004, 10:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

business mistakes happen we've all had them, but when someone acts as if there not to blame or have no concern on it, it really blows[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider

I hate cartoys, I bought my Kenwood head unit there, good service, but I kept getting offered all kinds of stuff, they wanted me to do the XM satellite radio option, and then the warantees, then all this other ****. I was going to buy speakers there, but they kept pointing me to these $1200 focal speakers, so I said screw them, I got the head unit, went to Ultimate electronics to buy speakers, VERY HAPPY with their service. They had just as good of a selection, if not better, and 10x better service. Wish I had bought the head unit there.