CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

plexi glass mirror on glove?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plexi glass mirror on glove?

The message title may be a little confusing so i will explain.When the wife and me or me and a group of friends ride on the dunes i am usually the leader so i am constantly looking back to check on everyones position or to make sure they made it up over or through the difficult stuff so here is what i came up with and it works great.Since turning your head around and looking behind you is very unsafe i came up with a soultion.I took a piece of plexiglass mirror about 1 1/2" inches by 2 1/2" and rounded the corners and also sanded the edges smooth.Next i drilled a small hole in each corner (1/8" or less will do) to accomodate sewing the plexiglass onto the back of the left hand glove.Taking your hand off the left side of the bars for just a second to check the position of your fellow riders is a lot safer than turning around to do the same thing so you may want to try this.Doing this is as quick and easy as checking your watch.This is not something that you would want to do at high speed or in the very rough stuff but it works very well for duning or casual trail riding.If you try this let me know how it works for you.

Old 02-29-2004, 02:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

**** makes mirrors that have an elastic band. I think I got mine through Dennis Kirk.

Wrist Mirror 1

Hand Mirror

Tried it a couple times but, I think it's more suited for fire road type trails.

Old 02-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Everything you need is right here.

EDIT: The reflex model is the one.

Old 02-29-2004, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

kintama-Thanks for the information but i came up with the plexi glass on the glove because it seems to me to be a safer alternative to the bicycle mirrors.When i say safer i mean that if you had a hard crash on your quad the possibility of a mirror that is connected to your helmet doing some damage to your eyes would seem to be very high.The plexi glass on the back of the glove works very well for checking behind you without turning around.This may be a small tip but if you ride a lot with a group and you are the leader it becomes very useful and at least in my opinion it is much safer than the other options that i have seen.As i said before if you use this method let me know how you like it i think anyone that tries this will see what an advantage it is to turning around constantly to look behind you.

Old 03-01-2004, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

I have a nice motocycle mirror that mounts right to the screw mount made for one on the handlebars.

Its nice cause my girlfriend just started riding and now I can watch her without turning my vision away from the front.

Old 03-02-2004, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

some good low priced tricks! i just don't worry about the ones behind me because thats where they are going to stay. wait a minute? nobody ever rides with me ! except my 6 y/o son and i have to let him stay in front so i can watch him. ok so i'm really just trying to keep up with him.