CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bought a Bomb

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a Bomb

I am impressed. Putting those photos to music was great.
Enjoy your ride.

Old 03-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Bought a Bomb

Yoda, Thanks... No big deal with the "PhotoJams" application. I see you are in some of my old
tromping grounds. I lived in SW PA for many years. Born & raised in Dunbar. My son still lives
in Cranberry and daughter-in-law is an alumni of IUP. Teaches 1st grade.

Ride Safe
Dave
Cumming, GA

Old 03-07-2004, 12:13 AM
Range Rover
Default Bought a Bomb

Really YellowSub,

I am only 10 minutes from IUP. I'm in sales and travel alot(western PA that is) and was in cranberry last week. I actually do business with Cranberry Township and IUP.
I wanted to buy a Bomb but the closest dealer to me was on the other side of Johnstown(1.5 hours away). A little to far to travel for any type of maintenance. I bought my AT in Kittanning, just 15 minutes away.
Man did I want that independent suspension.

Old 03-07-2004, 12:22 AM
Trailblazer
Default Bought a Bomb

Hey Sub What am I chopped liver? Saltlick township is up the mountain frow Connelsville. Right passed Normalville and I live in Melcroft. If your feeling real home sick http://www.icvatvclub.com Otherwise give a holler when you come through next and we'll get some more 19 cent burgers at Pechins.

Old 03-07-2004, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer
Default Bought a Bomb

YO Yoda You can buy a bomb at supercity Honda on Rt. 711 Sommerset. Where I bought mine. Or 1 mile outside Uniontown on Rt. 51--Wallace something. I met and rode today with Jill and Jan from Indiana. Do you know them?

Old 03-07-2004, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Bought a Bomb

Yoda, yup know the area well I was a Field Engineer for HP and all that area was my territory. I think
there is a Bomb dealer in Lower Burrel too. My son bought his SeaDoo there They may only sell watercraft?
I had a coal company customer there in Indiana and South was FMC going North I had Red Cross in Johnstown.

Natron1, Small world.. I graduated from Connellsville HS ('69) showing my age. Ran all over that area in my youth
I wonder how I survived. My sister-in-law was from out your way. Her maiden name was Shirley Long. My brother
and her were a couple years younger then I. It took a lot of convincing of the family to allow me to get this Outlander
I've owned and ridden motorcycles all my life and need an ATV while hunting feral hogs in South GA swamps. Problem is
in July 2001 my brother was killed in an ATV accident in Dunbar. He hit a mine subsidence and fliped. The handle bars
hit his ribs busting 3 and lacerating his liver. He didnt have a clue how bad he was hurt. Died at home after a few hours
So it was real hard to convience everyone (family) that I would be fine with an ATV. I have signed up for a safety course
and hope that will ease their minds. The swamp is very slow going so speed and hot runs shouldnt be an issue.
I go to Pechins often was going there with Mom when they were operating out of his house. My Uncle is there everyday.
He doesnt cook a meal. People dont believe me when I explain that place :-) It has a good sporting goods addition too...
Still have friends and relatives all over those PA hills...

Ride Safe

Dave Bodkin
YellowSubmarine
Cumming, GA

Old 03-07-2004, 01:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default Bought a Bomb

Class of 73 in the burgh. So I'm there too. Sorry bout your brother. I was riding with the local club today around Laurel ridge state park. Mostly new logging trails. Ment for a skidder. Not blasting at 20-25 mph. A few times a few of the others could have flipped so easy. How did you get your photos to come up as a link? When I posted the URL of the ATV Club above. I thought it would come up as a link. Thats how it worked on the newsgroups anyhow. So could you take a few moments and tell me how to make a link here. Thank you

Howard Farnsworth
15462-0031

Old 03-07-2004, 01:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Bought a Bomb

Natron1,
I selected the http [link] icon in the editor it prompted me for the URL and the Text I wanted to have
hotlinked. Nothing special...

Dave

Old 03-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Range Rover
Default Bought a Bomb

LAst night I went to bed and was trying to remember where Dunbar was. All of a sudden it hit me. I gave some prices to Dunbar Elem., right acroos from the fair grounds. I am very familiar with that area. I worked with North Beaver and South Union Townships, and Henry Clay Township way up on the mountain past Nemacolin Resort. I travel 119 all the time.
Normallville, what a name. Been thru there a few times going to Seven Springs when the turnpike was closed.
There is a Bomb dealer in Lower Burrel but it is still a good 45 minutes away. I am probably just looking for an excuse. I was raised a Honda man and had to finely buy one. Now that I have it I kinda want a Bomb. But that is just me, always second guessing myself.
My wife went for a ride on my At and loved it. She came back from her ride and said that I need to buy one for myself now. I told her get in the truck and lets go . She laughed and said the Kitchen gets remodled first. What a tease.
Oh yeah natron 1, I don't know Jill and Jan. Sorry. And where did you find a 2000 Trax in a crate in 2004?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Trailblazer
Default Bought a Bomb

Yoda, I bought my 2000 trax at Super city sports. This side of sommerset on rt. 31. The dealer, last I knew still has a couple. Me and a neighbor where suppose to go together and buy one each, at $5200. But he backed out and I got mine for $5350. Dealer said if I can still find someone to take another. He would give me baack the $150 and give the other person the Trax for $5200. Anyhow since they are still new I got the 2 year parts and labor with it. Its my first ATV but I like it alot. I liked the Honda rincon at the time. But it didn't have low range as all Honda's. I know what you Honda people say, you got low gear. But its just not the same as 5 low gears. Especially when going down a real steap hill.
So do you belong to a club there? Jill and Jan talked about Tri county ATV--I think! They heared about our ride yesterday, came and joined. The one loves her big purple box on a yellow rincon.

Quick Reply: Bought a Bomb