CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bought a Bomb

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a Bomb

Hello All,

I bought a Bombardier Outlander XT 400HO. From a local dealer. Many friends were saying to get the Honda Rancher AT and
I went to 3 different Honda dealers before one had the time to allow me a test ride. Although it is an extremelly nice machine it just didnt feel right "For Me" I am sure the Honda folks will be responding (donning flame suit ) When I say the Rancher AT didnt feel right it was mostly the physical size of the ATV. Anyone who knows or has seen me will notice I am no little guy. The Rancher AT felt like the old elephant riding an ant trick. Just felt on the small side for me. The Bomb (Hope it really isnt) is larger and felt that way. The other reason was economics. You all know Honda isnt cheap and I found 3 dealers that wouldnt budge off MSRP. Some even wanted to tack on a "market adjustment" Gouging I call it......

I may live to regret it (hope not) and then the Honda Cult will get an "I told ya so"

I went to the dealer here in the metro Atlanta area with a faxed quote from a dealer out of state as a friend suggested. We horsetraded back & forth and finally shook hands on a deal for Invoice +shipping +$100. ($6100+taxUSD) Yes I know they have the 5-10% hold back and thats OK If the dealer didnt make money he wouldnt be there long.

I was looking at the non-XT in Red and this Yellow XT (Hence the YellowSubmarine monicker - I was in FBM Subs) and figured that the XT was worth the difference I would have needed to buy most of the options. Other then maybe chrome wheels which didnt matter much to me.

YellowSubmarine
Cumming, GA

Old 03-02-2004, 08:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bought a Bomb

Congrats! Welcome to the Bombardier family![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bought a Bomb

You won't be dissapointed. And your Honda Friends should have the courage to throw a leg over a Bomb and see the difference. While you are riding HARD on your Bomb, they will be waiting for the shop to fix theirs. You have a better warranty also. You bought a reliable machine and very durable. Enjoy.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default Bought a Bomb

and you have the choice of low range that the Honda riders that I ride with can only dream about.

Old 03-02-2004, 11:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bought a Bomb

I'm a Beatles fan and I'm really annoyed that you used one of their song titles as your moniker!!! Oh well, HAPPY TRAILS! And welcome to the connection...of course I was kidding you.

Old 03-03-2004, 12:29 AM
Pro Rider
Default Bought a Bomb

Welcome to the bomb family![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer
Default Bought a Bomb

good choice on the bomb. I have been extreamely happy with my 400HO and have yet to be dissapointed with any of it. I have even had it out to the dunes catching air. I bought it for hunting and am doing a lot more with it. enjoy.

Old 03-03-2004, 12:44 AM
Trailblazer
Default Bought a Bomb

yes welcome[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2004, 01:31 PM
SM2
Weekend Warrior
Default Bought a Bomb

Welcome Bubblehead! You did the right thing.

Signed,

Target

Old 03-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Bought a Bomb

Bringing baby home. She will never be this clean again :-) You need shockwave to view pics....

Outlander 400 XT 1st day home

Quick Reply: Bought a Bomb