CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS DAYS 2004, Sand Mtn NV, September 3-6!!!!! Dont Miss Out of the Fun!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 03:02 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS DAYS 2004, Sand Mtn NV, September 3-6

Well it has been kinda quiet around here. Time for the 3rd annual DS days. First DS days we had around 15 DS's. Last year we had around 30. This year lets make it 50 or more. Come out for some fun, sun, racing, and meet some great people.

Old 03-07-2004, 03:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds like a good idea to start planning it a little early. I'm hoping I can make it this year. What is cell service like up there? Is there any cell provider that has good access? I run a small business doing tech support & to get away even for one or two days I *HAVE* to be able to get on the phone for quite some time if needed - and riding my quad to the top of the hill like at Dumont just wouldn't work. (I don't think my clients could really appreciate the sounds of quads racing up the hill as I'm trying to walk them through fixing their PC!)

Old 03-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Just plan on taking your truck down the road about 1/2 mile and you should be able to get most services.

Of course we'll be there!

I say let's open it up to all the 4-strokes!

In Stock-car racing, the first Race of the season is the biggie. . . Labor day kick-s off most riding for the Southern CA / Arizona guys so, this should be the Daytona of the 4-strokes!

Old 03-07-2004, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

yep, just drive your truck or quad down the road towards the highway about a half mile like Duneme said and it will be quiet and thats where the best cell service is. All 4 strokes of course are welcome, even those pesky YFZ's and 450r's. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-07-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

Chris,

I doubt we would let you get too far away from the action to do your business. JK. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] There is too much banshee and Raptor spanking to do! But an answer to your question about the cell service, if you go down to the highway, some cell service is available near the public phone at the entrance to the park. Otherwise, its nice to take an air conditioned ride into Fallen (for a beer run for your buddies).....then cell service comes available for most everyone within about 2 miles from the Sand Mtn turnoff.

It would be great to see you show up. MrDS650, you should set this on your calendar too! Hope to see you all there.

Old 03-08-2004, 02:48 AM
Pro Rider

WOW. If only there was enough room between the bunk and tralier to mount a quad.....

Old 03-08-2004, 03:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

fasternu,

You are welcome to show up even if you don't have a DS by then! Considering you drive a Freightliner, you should be able to figure out SOME WAY to fit a quad on your rig & get it over to Sand Mountain, NV! (Near Fallon, NV.)

DSXBear,

I'm going to put it on the calendar now & we'll see what happens between now and then - six months is a long time. I think I should be able to do it though, taking 1 -2 days off is do-able. Generally speaking I can move any weekend long major projects around as well or push off any weekday deals as well. The only thing I can't control is if / when someone has an emergency that requires me to be on the spot. I'm hoping that I can get the vast majority of my clients onto systems that have failure protection in place so that even if something fails no one if offline meaning the failed part can be replaced at a slightly later date.

I'm going to be really excited about hitting the hill this year after I get my new Lectron installed - I'll really look forward to racing Kurt on his DS to see where we are at after I level the playing field. Speaking of that kind of thing, are you going to be adding any goodies to your DS prior to DS Days?

Old 04-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS DAYS 2004, Sand Mtn NV, September 3-6!!!!! Dont Miss Out of the Fun!!!

ttt, time is ticking by.

Old 04-13-2004, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default DS DAYS 2004, Sand Mtn NV, September 3-6!!!!! Dont Miss Out of the Fun!!!

I am planning on making it up this year.

DuneMe, what day are you hedding up. Maybe we can meet up and hed up together. I've never been there and not sure how to get there. My cousin lives in Elk Grove and he's coming to. I'm going to meet him at his house on the way up.

Old 04-13-2004, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

well considering i just got back from there last week and am nursing 2 broken ribs from the trip i will plan on making it out then as well ..
and hopefully a few times out between now and then as well

Quick Reply: DS DAYS 2004, Sand Mtn NV, September 3-6!!!!! Dont Miss Out of the Fun!!!