CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Discredit-BAD INFO-Food For Thought

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discredit-BAD INFO-Food For Thought

This is a quote from Big Daddy's post.
Now this guy was very honest, and said he didn't want to discredit anyone, but that there was only "3 maybe 4 different needles that would work in the 46 for a particular DS". This, of course was after he had your information. He also stated that he'd been setting up Lectrons for DS for years before people even knew what Lectrons were.
With just this statement alone I say that he is full of it. People have been using Lectron carbs just a little longer than the DS has been around.

I know I sure would like to see this get cleared up soon. My only transaction (I bought a carb needle) was very nice. He spent a good amount of time on the phone with me long before he had any idea I was going to purchase anything from him.

I don't think that I'm bashing Eric nor am I trying to hurt his business. I'm only in search of the truth
If this is the case then surely you have called and talked to MR.HP about this privately before having a free for all in the open forums. So what did he tell you was the reason for the high cost? Do you not beleive him?

Old 03-10-2004, 09:30 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

O K, here's my 2cents.

We all have to support are selves or family's. No body can work for free. The power sports price mark up from the factory is higher than the auto market.

What do you think is a far mark up? 10% ? 20% ? Any retail store you go in Wal mart, J C Pennys, Lowes, have 30% or more. The cheap prices on a few items are lost leaders( cost or below), to get you in the store. What about food places do you get up set when Wendys charge you $4.29 for a double cheese burger? I know that their percentages are in the 60% range. What about your ATV shops? $75 an hour. Lawyers
$$$$$, ect. ect. I think you get the point.

Then comes the R & D side of it. MrHorsepower and my self , and others have worked countless hours on perfecting what we do on these bikes. The love of the sport is in him and you can tell when talking to him on the phone or in person. Why would he spend so much time with people that don't even buy from him. I think his racing record speaks for its self. His knowledge doesn't come from guesstamation. HE Knows !!!

Think about it.

J Ross

Old 03-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Elite Pro Rider

wow this one is a hard one but it comes down to, no one is out there making any of us buy there stuff, they can charge as much as they want if we are willing to buy it. i have bought a item from mrhp, and that was after buying the wrong one from my local dealer (not gary) then checking to get another one there was a 2 dollar difference. That doesn't sound like a guy looking to clean out everyone wallet. we all have our secerts but when all is said and done, we all share. think it has something to do with beating other 4 strokes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

There should be an "official" answer by the end of the day from Lectron. Also, the www.lectronfuelsystems.com website will have a real contact for Bombardier owners, hopefully by the end of the day.

Old 03-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

That was quick, lectron fuel systems already has the link for bomb owners. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Pro Rider

Sixsixt was using lectrons back in the 80's on some applications i believe,anyways is this over yet...

Old 03-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Heck, I can see why BigDaddy had questions about the Price of this carb, Personally I think its way to high priced of a carb if it costs $$$ to get it to work right. And I dont care how good of a tuner Mr.HP is the best he can set up a carb at his house to work on your quad hundreds of miles away is only going to be 90% at best. So your still going to have to "Dyno tune" your WHOLE MOTOR as a WHOLE to get the very best out of your investment.

If the only difference in the Lectron version and Mr HP version of this carb is the needle, then I think Mr. Hp should be selling needles instead of carbs. Everybody has a "jet Kit" for sale, why not Mr.HP? heck if its that good then he cuold sell the kit for $150 and not have the overhead he has now, people would buy them.

I have yet to see one of these carbs in action,and for the price, people should be comparing this carb to DUAL 36/39mm and NOT the TM45.IMO.

I hope Bigdaddy gets his questions answered, and maybe all of us will benefit from inquiries.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 03-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Bigger, I appreciate the support however this matter has been resolved (I hope). And NO there isn't you can't get a carb for $344. That is for a carb that looks to be fictional. I was Dooped!

The Lectron for the DS has PROPRIETARY stuff. You wouldn't believe everything that has been done to it to make it work for our sleds. To say I was floored was an understatement. It seems that the carb was a GREAT drag carb. Open the throttle and dump the clutch - don't worry about idle ridability or anything else for that matter. Mr. HP made it into a all around screamer. MR. HP might even been insane for attempting such a task. We may need to get him tested later on in the year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

If he let's me, I would be proud to be a customer, and pledge my support. I owe him way more.

Sincerely,

BigDaddy

Old 03-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So who is David? Who does Randy work for?

Old 03-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bigger, I think you'll get your shot at a lectron carb at Aledo.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Discredit-BAD INFO-Food For Thought