CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Discredit-BAD INFO-Food For Thought

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discredit-BAD INFO-Food For Thought

It is a shame that the Food For Thought post already has 2 pages and number of people have read it and may never read this post before they form an opinion.

Discredit: THERE IS NO DAN AT LECTRON. YOU, THE RETAIL PUBLIC, CANNOT BUY DIRECTLY FROM LECTRON - ONLY DISTRIBUTORS CAN. THEY DO NOT WORK ON SUNDAY. YOU WERE NOT SPEAKING TO LECTRON. MRHP COST ON THE CARB ALONE BY THE TIME HE GETS IT READY TO SHIP OUT IS $420, NOT TO MENTION THE TIME INVESTED WITH THE CUSTOMER AND SEVERAL YAHOOS THAT PUMP HIM FOR INFO AND THEN BUY CAMS ELSEWHERE. Is this a fair profit margin?

Quote: "now this guy was very honest...". You had better rethink - he doesn't work at Lectron, he doesn't know the price of this particular carb, and gentlemen, there is noone that has been setting up the Lectron for years on the DS except MRHP. Don't you think this group on this forum would know about it if there was? Lectron Fuel Systems verified that noone buys 46hv for the ds650 except Horsepower Research. In fact, noone has bought a 46hv from them in two years, period, except Horsepower Research and some very recent experiments for the YZF450 - and they are asking every week for MRHP to begin work on the YZF450 kit.

Punisher, MRHP $cost$ on the piston = $295, NOT the plain Jane boat anchor for $150. This is not a standard run of the mill piston. Furthermore, if anyone wants to buy 8 at a time, I'll bet you'll get a better price.

Not that it was anyone's business, but now you know the true markup by MRHP on a couple of parts. You also know who NOT to trust when they make a post on this forum - or maybe not - maybe it's me you can't trust. I know the smartest (and fastest) ones will do some real research on this forum on the integrity of individuals and form an opinion - these are the customers MRHP wants to work with. He has a full time business - for a long time, his knowledge was freely given away, and still is to a great extent. There came a point where he was bombarded with so many questions and emails that he had to make a decision to stop helping this community and run his business, or make this cummunity part of his business - this community has more "fun factor", but if you continue to take the fun out of it, I'm sure he'll go back to his more profitable machine shop full time and his bikes will just show up and beat people at the tracks. Or perhaps not, he has a cooler head than most, and maybe he won't let one person bother him. But remember, it takes 10 complements to make up for one derogatory remark.

Lectron Fuel Systems is investigating this post and how it came about as we speak. I'll let you know what they do about it.

Old 03-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I CAN ONLY STATE THE FACTS: with about 6-8 hours of teckinical tuning (over the phone long distance)and free needles and a whole lot of tuning tips. MR. HP helped me "LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE" With the Lectron 48 hv, I still got about 7 more ft lb torque and about 6 more hp across the board than my FINE tuned TM48.. The hp was not peak 6, but the torque peak was around 6-7....(peak hp was a few more ponies and climbing)

I have also said before, I am very picky and so is my motor, It took MR. HP and I, 6-8 hours because we wanted to distribute the POWER in a certain area when on Dyno, THAT is What I wanted= and that is what I got from Eric.

Eric always called me right back with Exellent customer service and helped me... Mr. HP has helped me with other ways to make power that will still remain NON-Public.

I am Still a satisfied customer, And I hope this confusion will get cleared up...

Old 03-09-2004, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

To be quite honest, I'm not sure if it is Dan or Dave. Yes, he is from Lectron and yes he did call me on Sunday. In fact, I was at a local Honda Shop buying a new TRX 90 for my boy becouse some friends of ours totalled his this weekend. I'm sorry if I offended you 222. That was not my intention. I'm simply in search of the truth. Dan/Dave called me per my request I made through Lectron's Web Site. If any of you would like copies of the emails sent back and forth I would be glad to pass those on. In fact, let me check real quick on the right name....

OOPS! the name is David. Again, he responded to my email to the Web Site. He also explained that they are setting up a Toll-Free for phone calls. Now this guy may be passing himself off as something other than who he is, but I don't think so.

so 222, am I to believe that I'm a liar? do you believe that I would go to this extent based on some sort of conspiracy? Do you honestly think that I'm in it for something? I have stated several times that MR HP seems like a very nice guy and yes, I've asked him about cams. Prepared to purchase a cam that is on his shelf..... get the price and its $65 more than WebCams themselves. While I appreciate your support for Mr HP and your position, please realize that this is ONLY my opinion and my take on things. Call it what you will, call me a liar, call me what ever you like. People see the truth and those that know me, know I'm not a liar. I will see if this "David" calls me back. I think my BS alarm would have went off immediately if David wasn't who he said.

222 good luck with the spin, I think that Bush may need you in the next couple of months. Looking for good work? Problem with the Job is that you may be out of one after November. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Let me also say that I hope Lectron gets to the bottom of this. I have included the email from David. Now, please don't say that I'm a dishonest person as I am only relaying infomation that I obtained from who I believe to be Lectron.

222 - you do not know me, nor have you ever talked to me. I don't think that I'm bashing Eric nor am I trying to hurt his business. I'm only in search of the truth. Whether it be the truth about tuning, cost of a carb or what ever it might be. Mr HP can sell the carb for what ever he wants..... If David is for real, and I purchase the $344 Lectron HV, you can be sure that the testing I do will be open for everyone to gain knowledge from - for free!

Please notice the email's "To" and "From"

Hello Mike,
Your questions seem to be generic there lot of types of carbs we make but the most popular we are assuming for your application is the Lectron 46mm High Velocity power jet carb. This is the carb of choice for the Bombardier 650.
The 46mm HV PJ will run you $344.00 plus freight.
Let us know if we can help. If you would like more info or would like to order please e-mail us your number and we would be happy to call you.
Thank you,
David
----- Original Message -----
To: 'Lectron Carbs'
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 9:46 PM
Subject: RE: Lectron 46mm

guess that would have helped...... sorry

Lectron 46mm
Bombardier DS 650

Thanks for your reply
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 5:05 PM
To: Mike Collins
Subject: Re: Lectron 46mm

How much are what? carburetors? what size ? for what application?
To: 'lectroncarbs@msn.com'
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2004 5:47 PM
Subject: Lectron 46mm

How much and are they in stock? Anybody on the west cost selling them?

This email was written after and then responded to on Friday (I guess)

We tried you Friday @ 702-xxx-xxxx no answer We just tried 702-xxx-xxxx it was busy we will try one more time if we don't get you we will try tomorrow
Thanks,
David
To: 'lectroncarbs@msn.com'
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2004 1:19 PM
Subject: I need to order a carb!

Please call me on my Cell Phone.

I've written a couple of emails to you and need to order.

Thanks again,

Mike Collins

702-xxx-xxxx

If it gets us the right answers, and the truth is that this guy is bogus, then I will be the first to APOLOGISE!!!!!! If this guy is BOGUS. I will be buying a carb from MR. HP within 24hours and he has MY FULL support. I will make signs at DUMONT for MR HP and sell the stuff for him! This is not about flaming MR HP. I have SAID MANY TIMES THAT HE IS A GOOD GUY! I just didn't understand the mark-up. with the information I just provided you, can you blame me?

use your heads guys.... Being loyal is one thing, but calling me a liar...... nice

Old 03-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I dont really want to get in the middle of this, But here I am..

Bigdaddy, Has always been a nice person to me, He will offer a guy the shirt off of his back, thats true..(he has offered me free labor, But thats what friends are for). Maybe Bigdaddy talked to someone at Lectron that "May" have given him BAD INFORMATION, Looking at it from his point of view he might have been just trying to figure out Why the margin gap, IMO, the guy at lectron got Bigdaddy all Pi$$ed off and made the situation worse than it should be by makeing Eric look like he charges too much. I know Bigdaddy and I know Mr. Hp. and both are good people.. Lets get this all cleared up please.

Old 03-09-2004, 05:09 PM
Elite Pro Rider

well what about those pami engines, do they cost what they charge?

Old 03-09-2004, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

how much do you think those cdi boxes cost to make?? my guess is eight dollars, plus twenty to ship.

Old 03-09-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

I have not assumed BigDaddy331 to be a liar. In fact, I believe he is simply passing on bad info, not lying. Someone is obviously being deceptive. There is no Dave or David that works at Lectron. Noone at Lectron Fuel Systems, Inc is bashing MRHP pricing or pouring salt- In fact they agreed today that the price is perfectly in line with what they think should be charged retail - they are now trying to find out who "Dave" is and where he is from.
Question: at what email address did you contact Lectron Fuel Systems, Inc ?? This will probably solve this really fast.

Old 03-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider

222 it's in the email that I pasted in my last post. I got in contact with this guy from the Lectron site.

Here is the site: http://www.lectronfuelsystems.com

The site says the "Official Home Page of Lectron "R" Fuel Systems Inc."

Looks pretty official to me?!?!?!?

Just so that we're all above board here, who is your contact 222?

maybe I could call them and find out the information that you're posting. I'm an open book as always..... I would ask you to do the same.

222, Mr HP, SixSixt, whom ever else is listening... Please help me get to the bottom of this. If this is a bad guy, and the site and email are bogus I would sure like to know. You see the emails, you see the price, you see the web site and the email that's listed in the site and my email conversations back and forth.

Please help me. Help me to Help MR HP if this is in fact bogus. There certainly seems to be some crap floating around that is not factual. I would hate to think that all this is more garbage submitted for damage control.

Please help me get to the bottom of this.

BigDaddy

Old 03-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

im telling you..

Quick Reply: Discredit-BAD INFO-Food For Thought