CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS650 Baja Jet Kit Installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 12:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS650 Baja Jet Kit Installation

Is there a site with very detailed instructions on how to install a Dyna Jet Kit on my 2003 DS650 Baja? Keep in mind i'm a noob so when i say detailed i mean DETAILED!!

Old 03-17-2004, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Run a search in this forum and you can get all kinds of good info.

The best piece of advice is that if you take the carb off the first time and replace the carb bowl screws, you can make future changes with the carb in. Use vise-grips to break the bowl screws loose and replace them with stainless hex head screws. You will most likely have to try a couple different jets to get it dialed, so it's good to be able to get the bowl screws off easily in the future.

Old 03-17-2004, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider

I found this in an old PM written by Hightower: (I don't think he'd mind me sharing.)

Be very careful and delicate when you remove the bowl - do not knock the float level out of adjustment.
Also, Don't even try to remove the bowl screws with a screwdriver - turn the carb over bowl facing up, clamp each screw head with vice-grips, and break them loose before putting a screwdriver on them. They are loc-tited and will **** you off otherwise. Go to the hardware store and get 4 new stainless steel allen head screws to put in their place, so future jet changes while tuning can easily be done without removing the carb from the bike. These screws are metric - do not let them supply you with inch screws and tear up the threads in the carb.

To change the needle, remove the top cover, set spring aside, pull out the entire slide. Down in the center of the slide is a flat plastic deal that is just snapped into place. Pull it out gently while twisting with needle nose pliers and then the needle, spacers, and spring can be removed. Do not lose any of these parts - the diagram in the instructions shows their order of install.