CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Opinions on Traxter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on Traxter?

I took my Bruin in for sevice the other day and while waiting I was checking out a Traxter. Once I could get past the unconventional look of it I realized it looks pretty heavy-duty. Any opinions (good or bad) about this machine?

BTW, I'm not looking for a "go-fast" machine, light farm work and hunting would be the primary use.

Old 04-11-2004, 11:51 AM
Trailblazer

ive had a 2001 TRAXTER XT for 3 years now and i have been beating the crap out of it since i got it...i work at a dealership so i can get parts for cheap....ive had it up to 50+mph with a plow on the front and my boy on the back down the street....ive pulled trees down, hit trees, pushed cars, pulled cars, pulled outboard boat motors without unbolting with the winch, pull my 22ft boat with it, barley get stuck, rolled it but not fun to get back over, tied off to other 4x4 quads and i havent lost a pull off yet...u should get one

Old 04-11-2004, 12:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

My opinion of my Traxter.
Built, really built!!!! Have a look at the frame on this thing and compair it to any other quad and you will see what I mean!!!
If you ranch or farm, you will love the step through. If you have something on the rear rack you don't have to be a gymnast to get on the thing. Very important if you get on and off the thing 100 times a day like I do.
Gear to gear tranny. Another important thing if you pull a lot. The belt deal might have been fine, but I turned it down because I don't like belts.
The visco lock is second to none IMO. No leavers to pull, nothing to think about, it's true 4X4 all the time. Some people will try to tell you that this system is a limited slip; not so. It's a far better system than a limited slip, and people that own one can tell you the true story.
This thing will climb straight up if you let it.
Storage up the wazoo. My riding buddy always wants me to carry things for him because my Traxter has the storage of a 57 Chevy trunk.
Auto or manual shift tranny. Very nice, it will shift for you if you have one of your hands full.
I believe it is the heavest machine on the market. This can be good or bad. For me, it is good. If the machine is heavy you can tow a lot.
Super nice seat!!!!!!
Rotax, need I say more?

Now the bad.
Expensive, these things are not cheap, but you get what you pay for if you ask me.
REALLY, stiff ride!!!!!!!!! But you can get a after market suspention kit to fix that if you want.
Not at all sporty, but that's not the reason I bought a Traxter.

Depending on what you are going to do, the Traxter may be the perfect machine for you, or it might be overkill? Let us know what you decide.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

i agree wit all the opinions so far, my uncle has one that he bought for the farm, loves it for the farm, works good on the trails but once a big bore outlander comes out hes adding that to stable, keep the traxter for farm work and the outlander for fun