CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NEED HELP!!! Polaris beat me!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 04:03 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP!!! Polaris beat me!

my buddies has a predator that is stock, 2 out of 3 drags he beat me by a good margin! i have a 2003 stock ds baja. last summer i beat him every time, i dont know whats wrong? it seem to be running a little lean, i messed with the screw on the bottom of the carb a little, do i need to rejet the carb, it back fires once and a while when i let off the throttle, but all the way through the power band seems smooth, where should i start? it just dont seem the power that it used to![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

part of the quad racing fun is to not tell your buddy the changes you made to your quad!!!! maybe it's time to dig into that fat matterest and call MrHP.
sounds like a new 15 tooth sprocket, a end cap, and a little porting is in need!! less than $300.00

Old 04-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Range Rover

should i go with a end cap or a new pipe? i was looking at procircuts slip on, know its any good?

Old 04-12-2004, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

It all depends on where you ride and if there are any cops that might object to a few things. 1> the end cap does not have a spark arrestor, you might be abel to add a screen to it. 2> it's a little loud. HMF offers a pipe that has good numbers, don't know anything about it. got to go, i'll pm you

Old 04-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

don't know if it could be the same problem i had a few weeks ago but i was out riding and mine would die sometimes and backfired a few times. i was about ready to load it up and go home. i checked my filter and was looking around and found that my chock wasn't pushed all the way in. i had pushed it in till it stopped but the shaft had a spot that was hanging up and made it feel like it was all the way in. sprayed it with some wd and worked it a few strokes and everything was fine. i would have swore it was all the way in.

Old 04-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Range Rover

i checked the choke, seemes to be fine, air filter is clean, fuel filter is clean, as far as noise issues go, the louder the better! LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES!!!!!! Still not running to top performance yet? cant find the problem?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2004, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

I think your air/gas mixture screw, located underneath/forward might be off. you will become familiar with this one when swaping out the end cap or pipe. the good thing about MrHP is that he has the entire process ALL dialed for you, or i mean dynoed.

Old 04-12-2004, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

A tale tell sign of a lean setup is back firing upon throttle chop or deceleration. You might want to play with the air screw a little but could also need a bigger jet. Possible that the motor, when new, properly used the fuel that was supplied. Now that the motor is broke in a little it may need a little more fuel. What is your elavation?

Old 04-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hi there
My roomate has a 03 predator and I have a 01 ds in stock form both bikes the pred could get me of the line but I would pass him by 4th gear. Then he installed the pure polaris pipe and a race rev limiter that is progamable and he could still get my ds of the line but I would still run by him in the top end. I then installed a K&N filter on the ds it helped but not that much so I just ran it for another year.And this spring I bought a hmf pipe installed it rejetted now I can get him off the line and really be way out in front. With him on his bike and me on mine we weigh the same in fact my ds is a little heavier about 10lbs. How bad was he beating you it should not have been by much. Find out what your elavation is and ask bartlettracing what you should run He told me how to set mine up and it works awsome.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Pro Rider

I have a procircuit slip on and I like it, but it is louder than a MR.HP endcap, and doesn't quite give the same power. I would buy the endcap if I had known about it when I bought the pipe.

Justin

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!!! Polaris beat me!