CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

what do i need to run methanol? fcr39s

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do i need to run methanol?

with everything I have what do I need to run methanol, for the carbs? for the tank? for anything else

Old 04-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what do i need to run methanol?

U have everythng but talk to biggerisbetter about the dual carbs because he is running alky with his duel carbs and he knows how to set those up. U dont have to change nothing in the gas tank just be sure to drain the fuel out completly before adding alky to the tank. If u get the none lubercaited alky be sure to add a cap fuel of two stroke oil to every full tank of alky u run. Just to help keep the top end lubed because alky is very dry. Be sure to keep the jug that the alky is in very tight and sealed and dont leave it on concrete because it will draw water and mess the whole jug of alky up, so store it in a dry place that stays about the same temp year around. U can put the jug on a piece of wood so that it doesnt collect water. Alky is very bad about this. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lance

Old 04-23-2004, 12:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default what do i need to run methanol? fcr39s

I gave it a try today in my 720 with no jets & drilled out jets. No dice, will try again next week.

Old 04-23-2004, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandbomber
I gave it a try today in my 720 with no jets & drilled out jets. No dice, will try again next week.
What do u mean no dice? Did it not make a difference? Or what? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lance

Old 04-23-2004, 01:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Fell on its face & killed when I got down on it.

Old 04-23-2004, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Its not getting enough alky if it fell on its face. Is your petcock flowing enough to keep up? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lance

Old 04-23-2004, 01:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I let it drain in a bucket and watched it, I thought it had a good flow but not sure how much it needs. I drained the tank of meth back into container pretty quick when I went back to gas.

Old 04-23-2004, 01:21 AM
Pro Rider

It needs all it can get!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Lance

Old 04-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

what jets do you run in the 45?

Old 04-23-2004, 10:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Frist if you have a stock tank. You should remove the black rubber seal im not sure if they all will but my frist one rotted that seal and it fell into my tank at sand mt we had to take the tank off and clean it out it was all dry rotted and like powder with a few chunks.

Second sandbomber most people i run across use pinlge petcocks for alcahol. or drill the factiry setups

Third sandman alls you need to do is pm me and ill send you a set of dual fcr's to play with see if you like alcahol.there are several way's to set up fcrs.you will have to find your sweet spot. i have three sets of fcrs and not one set is the same but they all run good.

forth. to all you new alchol converties one thing to watch is the fcr is a downdrft carb make sure you turn your petcock off. Because some times they will get a tad dirty and if you leave you petcock on while she is not running it WILL FILL YOUR CYCL. alway.s shut off the petcock.

Fifth. sandbomber it sounds like you may be fat too much alcahol put's the fire out too !! you may not need as much flow as we do in arizona .

Quick Reply: what do i need to run methanol? fcr39s