CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Raced my Stage III buddy yesterday... results are...

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raced my Stage III buddy yesterday... results are...

I know, I know.. the paddlemaster stink. I bought them cause I had a set of Skat-Trak edges and first day of riding they tore and not to mention they were pricey. The sand pit where we ride has some dirt like terrain here and there. I just want a good hook up that will last and that is what I read about the paddle masters. I can ride those things in the street and they won't wear as easily as the Edges. Also when unloading our bikes I have a good 20-30 ft to push the DS in. I'd rather ride it in and the trajectory to the shed (where we store them) is pretty hard packed. Let's face it who wants to push a DS with Paddles.

I'm expecting a big check. I'm going to order a set of paddles.. I'd really like haulers... not sure if 10 or 8 paddle would be best choice, nor size. Any info, suggestions, personal experiences would greatly be appriciated.

I'm going to lean the carb a bit more see if that helps a bit. I'm not keen on drilling a hole in my header pipe but that air fuel ratio tool FBG offers I will prob get. I will call them tomorrow on that matter and since I live in NJ.. I should get it next day.

One last thing.. what is a good RPM to launch at?

Old 04-27-2004, 11:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

no extend swing 5-6000

Old 04-29-2004, 06:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree that a good set-up really make the difference, but it is not un heard of for a stock bore to beat a big bore[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Personally I think you have way to small of carb for your engine, Your are not going to see the full benefit from your engine, if you dont feed it!! It sounds like you really could use a TM48,Lectron48, or twin 36/39's. remember Carburetion(sp) and exhausts can make or break your engines performance.

Good luck.

Bigger.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:57 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i talked to pete at powroll about carb for a 105 bore, so happens there raptor 770 kit goes 105 also imagine that, he told me the math on that figures to need a 55mm carb, so naturally i ask if that could be assumed for the ds and he told me math is math and it is a good place to start, the problem with the 1 big carb is when you stab it open it wants to bog, well there is the reason for the dual carbs, he said those cal. out to about 52mm. maybe this is why were seeing the gains by the bigger carbs, since we now see a 42 mm on the honda 450, 200 less and the same carb. well just a thought i'm not a carb expert.