CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Thanks 222 and MrHp!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks 222 and MrHp!

Well I just installed my "reworked" 44 mm Lectron from 222 and richards recreation this past weekend.

When they recieved the carb the best they could get with the current setup and my new CT full pipe was 38 hp (stock43) after replacing the needle with one they had made they were able to get around 50!!!! I have the dyno sheets at home that they sent me with the pipe and carb.

It had been set up by another dealer (not trying to bad mouth) previous and the difference is very noticable between the two with 222's setup coming out first in my books. I also would like to comment on the great customer service. These guys went out of there way to dyno tune my new CT pipe and carb together on a bike that they provided. Since they wanted to see the gains of the carb and the new CT pipe the dyno time was on there dime!! I recieved a call about 5 days after I got all the parts to see how I liked the carb setup and the pipe as well.

I am very impressed with the knowledge and service of these guys (222, MRHP, Richards recreation) and it is good to see that they are stepping up to the plate on the DS. I look foward to see what they come up with next as they have told me that they are just getting started!!

Old 04-27-2004, 01:17 PM
sam
Pro Rider

I am to belive these guys know what there doing as Ive never doubted awsome news!!

they have told me that they are just getting started!!
this is always good news[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Sam

Old 04-27-2004, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

They are without a doubt a "Customer Satisfaction" based company. I look forward to continue doing bussiness with them both.

Old 04-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

What kind of sound does the CT Full exhaust put out ..the db rating I mean. How many discs does it comes with?

Old 04-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

BigBaja, How did ya do this weekend?

Dsaholic, great to hear, you should try the drag pipe and you will really be shocked. Those gains w/ your carb are impressive.

Old 04-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

I too was really impressed with the results that they got. The difference between the 44 and the 46 (they sent me the dyno for the 46 and my pipe as well) was about 2-3 hp over the whole range. The run looked very much alike just 2-3 hp higher.

The CT pipe has a very good sound to it and it is much quieter than my old MBRP race pipe. I think that it comes with 12 disks but I could be wrong. They found that it works best with all the disks installed as well. The install was real easy and the fit and finish is great. They also said that the new CT pipe with the disk system in the best full system that they have tested yet. The dyno run for the CT pipe is on CT's web site and it is real close to what the dyno runs I got look like. Real impressive bottom end gains right around 12 HP.

I thought about there drag pipe but I dune and air it out alot and was worried about breaking it.

Old 04-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I hope you're aware that they claim a stock DS makes 46 HP on their dyno. So take that into consideration - you're starting out with 46 HP stock.

I've inquired about a wheeliebar. No response. I've suggested improvements to the cylinder design but no interest was shown.

on dunes deletes my login to their forums. then i try to get a new one and never get a password.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

Feeling the love Scooby?

DSa, RIGHT ON!!!! Glad to hear she is back together and running. Now if only mine would get here!!! Then we could go do some riding and try em out.......if not Memorial isnt too far away. Major gets his running then we would be set to go picken on the Crappy's...er I mean Rappy's LOL. It will be interesting to see how yours compares to majors when he was running basically the same setup, just different carb and pipe is all. Maybe there will be some of the faster YFZ's there, that would be a good comparo to see what you gained.

Old 04-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Scooby,

Maybe your approach is a little off! Just my 2 cents here, but I dont get the impression your really looking to help with suggestions. Your loyalty lies with another builder which also has a great reputation without a doubt. But it seems you havent had anything constructive to input, more like your a lion waiting to pounce at the first sign of any problems. This obviously is not overlooked by them. You are definately a legand with your huge horsepower numbers in the 4 stroke world, and anyone would be lucky to have your imput. SOOOOO, I think it is your approach that is the downfall of your help.

Just my 2 cents,

Gary

Old 04-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

Well I have the dyno run fron the completely stock bike that they ran and it was 43 hp. I was more trying to show the difference from when they got the carb to when I got it back. I also have head work, piston, cams, and ported intake so I am looking for a little more HP out of my setup.

Demon,

Well where is that pig! I was hoping you would have it buy the weekend after next (the 7th) so you could go to the dunes with us. I am hoping that curtis will have his bike done by then also so he can get some seat time in on that bad boy.

Quick Reply: Thanks 222 and MrHp!