CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just installed my Motion Pro Twist throtle

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed my Motion Pro Twist throtle

Thanks 222, I might do that even with the twist. I havent even noticed it since the swap. Just wish I had done the twist a long time ago.
Contact mrhp, he can probably set you in the right direction
Justin

Old 04-29-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: 222
Hey guys, in case you didn't read the other post going, the high vacuum can be cured at idle. For a long time, nobody ever compained about such a thing, then about a month ago, several made the same statement about idle stiffness. I personally had never felt it, so I didn't know what they were talking about. Mr HP scratched his head on this one for awhile, then figured out that it started about the same time he found "new" power with some different needles, needle settings, and power jet combos.

Now, on all the carbs he's tested, he found that he could richen the needle a turn or so, open the vertical idle fuel/air circuit to 2.5 turns out, and turn in the horizontal idle adjustment in to get the idle back up at a slightly higher idle and the "closed shut" throttle magically went away!

Why? because the vacuum on the slide is already being broken with the idle screw turned in (thus, the slide is higher and pressure is relieved under the slide).

It is worth a try before going to twist throttle if you like your thumb throttle because mine doesn't do it at all!

So are all the new Lectrons going to be setup this way before being shipped or is it up to the end-user to make these adjustments?

Old 04-29-2004, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: 222
Hey guys, in case you didn't read the other post going, the high vacuum can be cured at idle. For a long time, nobody ever compained about such a thing, then about a month ago, several made the same statement about idle stiffness. I personally had never felt it, so I didn't know what they were talking about. Mr HP scratched his head on this one for awhile, then figured out that it started about the same time he found "new" power with some different needles, needle settings, and power jet combos.

Now, on all the carbs he's tested, he found that he could richen the needle a turn or so, open the vertical idle fuel/air circuit to 2.5 turns out, and turn in the horizontal idle adjustment in to get the idle back up at a slightly higher idle and the "closed shut" throttle magically went away!

Why? because the vacuum on the slide is already being broken with the idle screw turned in (thus, the slide is higher and pressure is relieved under the slide).

It is worth a try before going to twist throttle if you like your thumb throttle because mine doesn't do it at all!

I had to lean my needle out a turn when I installed my carb. it would not run that rich. if the idle screw is the key than why not just make that one adjustment?