CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Baja Sand Dunes????

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Sand Dunes????

Has any one rode there in Rosarito Mexico, I did but it was years ago, do you know how big it is???

Old 05-11-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Hoss....

It's actually Cantamar Dunes.... they're about the size of a twist of the throttle....
Seriously SMALL.... but still a blast if you can avoid the locals with a few Tecates in their bellies... and no helmets. I sometimes sit and watch (wearing FULL gear) on anything I'm riding. But then again I'll line up with'em on the more Southern side of the dunes... where they seem to gather and race up the small dune. Some people... think that no helmet makes them faster I'd guess... Cuz it's just not cool to be safe (in someone's mind).

Take paddles if ya wanna be competitive on the "hill". Otherwise the locals will smoke ya. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It's an awesome day if you go ride for a bit.... (paying the fee to park, about $5 a bike/quad and more per vehicle) and then head to Puerto Nuevo for a great Lobster and Margarita dinner (I eat at "Ortegas" which is straight down the road at the bottom, right hand side. The owner is always there to greet you... and you can see pictures of cool people... like Jeremy McGrath). Take the toll road down and exit "Cantamar" exit... head South on the free road and drop in by the tire shop (kinda hard to see the entrance from the road, but you'll either have to hang a U turn, or make the hard right/downhill that takes you back to the entrance). Then to get to Puerto Nuevo, stay on the free road... till you get to the entrance.

MAKES FOR AN AWESOME DAY!!!

Old 05-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider

I love Rosarito. My family actually owns a ranch down there. I can't wait until Memorial weekend, it gets pretty crazy down there. Lots of hot and horny girls...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Thanks Im going this weekend, staying at The Grand Baja Resort!