CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TBR Swing Arm ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TBR Swing Arm ?

I am thinking of not using my new TBR swing arm . I just due not save any weight with it. All it does is lower my DS but is stronger than stock. I might get their new design they are working on

Old TBR sold just have the old stock one left as soon as I get the new one I will post Pics IF dbeck will let me

Old 06-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default TBR Swing Arm ?

Why is it no matter who claims to be 'running' TBR the company with that name always seems to have money troubles & problems just like this? People from Sandy Eggo are usually pretty decent, what gives? I know there are black sheep in every family...

Old 06-04-2004, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default TBR Swing Arm ?

Did you see the tires they are running for the 500 27X12 inch fronts and 25X12 inch rears

Old 06-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default TBR Swing Arm ?

Yes, I forgot they went bigger. It's weird though, with the size of the DS, they actually look proportionate. I haven't got to ride it yet but they said it works awesome. I have a picture in my photos. It's a monster!

Old 06-04-2004, 03:45 PM
TBD
Trailblazer
Default TBR Swing Arm ?

I see that by the time I was done registering and writing my response you have removed the last post that came in before Billds650 post. Anyway I wanted to clear up a couple of things. First is that not all people from San Diego are like them. They happen to be the exception. Second is that TBR did not buy TimmyBoy Designs like they tell everyone. The fact that I suck at the business end and that I'm way too trusting is how they "took" the business from me. If they have any proof otherwise I would like to see it. I know they don't. They got rid of me after the new arms were designed. Here are some other facts about this 2 inch lowering kit for the DS. In stock form the DS would bottom to the frame. Lets see now we lower it 2 inchs but we do nothing with the shock shaft travel. I believe that is what Wayne at PeP refers to as underground travel. I hope the dirt is real forgiving. But wait they fixed the problem. Larger tires. Doesn't that mean that we are right back where we started. Doesn't make sense to me. I guess I'm not as smart as those guys at TBR. Actually the "one" person who builds the parts is a really good fabricator. I would like to think he was not the one who designrd this lowering kit. Hopefully he was just following orders. Why they overbuilt the swingarm is beside me. I hear it wieghs a lot more. I heard the stock one is lighter. I do not totally agree with the second post but I would have to admit it makes me feel good. I do agree that they had or still have money issues. I sure know how that is. Just to let anyone who would care to know I am designing new product and it is going to be released very soon. I am only designing it and labelling it. I am not going to distribute it. There will be further info and pics to come. The distributors are planning to advertise on this site. Thank you for giving me the time to explain some things.

Old 06-04-2004, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default TBR Swing Arm ?

Gald to see you are still around. The lowering swing arm 23 lbs my stock 23 lbs.

Old 06-04-2004, 03:55 PM
TBD
Trailblazer
Default TBR Swing Arm ?

You should say the guys at TBR like it. I happen to know one individual that decided not to race with TBR for the 500 because he doesn't like the tire set up. I believe he is riding a Honda. You sound a little bias. Is that because you are the one of the owners son?

Trending Topics

Old 06-04-2004, 03:58 PM
TBD
Trailblazer
Default TBR Swing Arm ?

I did not plan on doing DS stuff but obviouslly there is a need.

Old 06-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default TBR Swing Arm ?

Gee, Tim, what's with all the fire breathing, yeah you got me, I'm just trying to figure out what all the hatred is about. The fact is, no one from the shop ever said, TBR bought Timmyboy, but I'm just trying to figure out why after all this time you come out here and start launching grenades.
Yes, not everyone will like that setup, just like not everyone will like yours, or Roll, or Leager etc.
I didn't come looking for you on this issue, you called me out, remember that.

Old 06-04-2004, 04:16 PM
TBD
Trailblazer
Default TBR Swing Arm ?

I've heard it from many people that Ryan claims to have bought TimmyBoy. I have even heard dollar amounts. Yes there is a lot of anger. The fact that i was so mislead (or should I say trusted ) your dad and Ryan that has created this anger. I'm just here to get the facts out.

Quick Reply: TBR Swing Arm ?