CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oregon riders

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 10:14 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oregon riders

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
the construction is pretty good here but you have to look at the growing towns, i hear most of the coast towns don't do much. seems pay is about average.
I moved here just after sept 11 2001 (the Trade Center attacks happened on my way out)(6 month journey). I had my eyes on Taulatin (sp) Oregon (job waiting) but ended up in Seattle simply because the economy was better here and I had family in the area (aftermath of sept 11 messed up everything).

Fact is: Washington and Oregon have the 2 worst econmonies in the country respectively # 50, 49.

THE LOCAL ECONOMY SUCKS!!!!!,,,as your research will tell.....

I was doing the same thing about 4 years ago (checking the web for anything about OR),,,I really had my heart set on Oregon. I moved here from NC,,,and CT before that.

Anyway,,,If you want to make money out here,,,,you best have a skill,,,,and you'll be fine.

The riding,,,,and people are very cool,,,,,and you will most likely enjoy what you see. I have a few pics of local riding.

And also,,,,,sheck out the Puget Sound thread for a taste of the local riders. WSQR is a local club to also check out. (west sound quadriders)

Old 06-02-2004, 07:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

I never knew it was like that! I figured MS or AL would be worse.
Isn't there much industry there? I may have to get my degree here first & then look to move maybe.

Old 06-02-2004, 10:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

there are a few big companys out here, microsoft, intel, hp, nike,and boeing to name a few

Old 06-02-2004, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

There is hope maybe....

Old 06-02-2004, 08:45 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Oregon riders

Originally posted by: SANDMAN430
there are a few big companys out here, microsoft, intel, hp, nike,and boeing to name a few

Only problem is most of those companies laid off a huge portion of their workforce in the last 3 years.

The labor market is flooded with overqualified layed off people.

Old 06-02-2004, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

Today it's almost like the medical feild is the only thing safe to be in.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oregon riders

I liked Mich. better for hunting and fishing. I wasn't into quads when I lived there but I guess they have some descent dunes. I am sure you'll have no problem getting a job out here if you have a construction trade. The rain is annoying out here but the moderate climate sure is nice. If you are planning on going to school, you probably should just do it and not put it off any more. Then you can go anywhere you want, especially in the medical field.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:25 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

the rain thing depends on which side of the cascade range your on. west side is pretty wet, the east side is very sunny they call a lot of it high desert. it does snow here in the winter but i know i had more bone chill cold days in the rain than i have in the snow here i know that sounds odd but it the truth. having traveled with my military time the northwest is pretty nice not that i haven't seen some nice places, but all things factored it's pretty nice here. the population is growing fast but there is still some small town places jobs are ok. the outdoor life is still pretty good. and if you need big city stuff like professional sports portland and settle aren't to far, and for that matter san fran, isn't more than 8 hr if you live on the south end.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

oh and that medical field has a few issues of it's own the ex is in that field and blood work with needles isn't the most appealing thing if you think about it. the current friend is a nurse and she has to deal with the death of patients all to often. so it is a good pay field sort of, but there are some risks that they don't advertise much.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Oregon riders

Oh I know that. And really I can't say it really peaks my interest either. But with all the baby boomers getting old it would seem it's a secure feild. I'm not into construction at all or any type of trade really. I see some computer stuff (systems techs) are booming. But there was a big tech layoff in 2000. What to do, what to do....

I knew I should have dropped out of high school & been a **** star. Why wasn't I thinking then!

Quick Reply: Oregon riders