CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

The turbo is here !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The turbo is here !!!!!!!

once again this was an ALL STOCK DS with only 11lbs of boost, that turbo was just putting out approx 30% of what it is designed to - on a built bike with good head work and more displacement it will really fly, he was running a white bros rev limiter that was coming on retard at 8200 rpms and pulling the hill in 4th @ 7500- all stock DS just harnessing all the wasted gas energy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]gotta love it!
The bike clocked 55mph on the hill- did I mention it was all stock except for the turbo? anyways I'm impressed.

Old 05-31-2004, 08:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Mario that busa was hitting 74 on the hill he was in a leauge of his own between the fast banshees and the super banshees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] the guy did a good job of fab'n it he still needs to detail it but it is fast for sure.

Old 05-31-2004, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Im sure we have it on viedo somewhere stephanie took miles of film[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2004, 08:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Originally posted by: AZSAND
Mario that busa was hitting 74 on the hill he was in a leauge of his own between the fast banshees and the super banshees[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] the guy did a good job of fab'n it he still needs to detail it but it is fast for sure.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

That Busa sounds pretty sick. Time to look into the turbos. A light boost on a 720 should be reliable. And it sounds like KMS has it all dialed in. They say they will tune it and all, on dyno right in their shop when I talked to them a month ago. Seems like a good deal to me, I sure wish they were around before I dumped 10K in my motor.

Congrats to KMS!!!

Old 05-31-2004, 08:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZSAND
We took turns running it Me , Rodsmith32, kelly and alls we had for the bike was a set of 10 paddle haulers and the bike takes off with stock power and the turbo kicks in at 1500 rpm's so are take offs were a tad slow!!! But most bikes could take us by 6-8 bikes out of tha hole and we could catch them on the hill with no problem.Rod actualy got real good at the take offs and was beating some fast AZZ banshees too!!! We hot lapped the heck out of that ds. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I was driving my black golf cart around most of the time it was the black lifted cart with spinners[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
What was the problem with takeoffs? Not enough swingarm to launch under boost or won't it build boost by cycling the RPMs before launch? I assume this was a stock chassis setup as well, just threw on the haulers?

Why is the turbo raptor faster? lighter?

There is no doubt the turbo DS can be setup to run with any built DS motor. I highly doubt anyone was going after Jeff at this stage in the development of the kit.

Old 05-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes the problem with take off was we had to be carefull not to go over back wards i belive they got it on film once i took off so fast it stood straight up i tried to standup and lean over the front and it just hit me in the chest with the handle bars that was my last run!!! With better tires our launches would have been better.And no we were not after jeff he was the best measuring tool out there!!!! As any one knows to be within 5-6 bikes of jeff is a acomplishment and unheard of with no internal mods.

Old 05-31-2004, 10:27 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
It looks like the turbo ds held up w/ reliability and power. And also could manage through the whoops? I guess its time to sell one of the Bikes and call KMS.
?
Mario

The DS ran awsome no problem with the whoops what so ever. The bike is a completly stock baja, everyone knows that it is very heavy and it was cleaning up at the hill. I pushed that bike hard and never once did it feel like it was going to have a problem, very impressive.

Old 05-31-2004, 10:34 PM
Pro Rider

So what does a turbo setup for a stock DS cost? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2004, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

I was real impressed with the KMS alky turbo Baja,
It ran the hill over and over with out any problems....
And when they say stock..it was stock!!the only mods were the heavy rear paddle tires and the turbo of course
Cant wait to see this kit on a built motor,and lightened chassis [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I think,for what this kit is going cost....it could be the best bang for the buck(next to N20 that is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] )and you won't be changing bottles every 6 races
And you got love that chirp,coming from the exaust[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

It was great to see AZ again,also it was great to meet Rod and Kelly from KMS! Just wish I could have showed up thursday instead of saturday night,so I could have been part of all the fun!!

FYI, I was pulling the hill at around 58 mph on alky,and 61mph with a small shot of N20

J

Old 06-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

As alway's it was great seeing you jeff Except it alway's cost money???? Now im looking for a new motor home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] with the slide out barb'y and the electronic monitored awning,diesiel pusher with rose wood cabnits[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] whats next????????

Next season its bickles motors in our sand cars [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

PS: By the way did i mention it was jeff who made me do the CRAP MY PANTS WHILE PRAYING TO GOD TAKE OFF !!!!!!!

Quick Reply: The turbo is here !!!!!!!