CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

The turbo is here !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The turbo is here !!!!!!!

until KMS gets some dyno charts up here are some #'s Kelly shared with me.
The DS that won the "rock to Rock " desert race in Mexico was one of his fuel injected babies and it was all stock with the exception of a Big Gun pipe, it made 35HP and 35ft/lbs of torque (on pump gas)and is the strongest Stock DS that has come thru his shop to date. His dyno as you can tell is not very generous so a comparison is more relevent.
The KMS Baja DS made about 75hp and 65ft/lbs of torque at 11lbs of boost, this was the same bike running @ sand montain this weekend. The bike was on Methanol.
Kelly has pushed the boost up on this Ds and found that every additional 1 LB of boost produced another 4 hp.- How strong do you want to build your bike?

Old 06-02-2004, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

Once again I ask what are the costs incurred with doing this? Do you have to run FI?

Old 06-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I was at kms when the raptor was dyno'ed and i can tell you it put out over 80 hp. But the ds made more torque than the raptor.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]But yet the raptor was faster then the ds. But then the ds is more reliable than the raptor. But yet the raptor is more sportier than the ds. But still the ds looks tougher. But then the rator is more easily modded than the ds while still the ds can handle more mods than the raptor. OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH when will it ever stop IT WON"T IT JUST GOT BETTER[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] TURBO TIME !!!!!!

APROX 4000.00 And having a turbo with out efi is like having sex without a partner its still gets you off!!!! but it won't feel the same[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2004, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

KMS doesn't really come on these forums and there really isn't anyone that I know of authorized to speak on there behalf to answer your question, go to their website and you'll get their phone number and you can contact them.
KMS PERFORMANCE

Old 06-02-2004, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the DS goes in to KMS tomorrow to get the turbo installed .if all goes well we will be racing it on the 13th. This should answer all the questions of how reliable the system is. I have no doubt it will hold up to the pounding I am going to put it through. This race is one of the toughest of the series. 100 mil of sinders, hills and whoops @ 7000 feet. Ill let you all know how it goes.

Old 06-02-2004, 03:33 AM
Pro Rider

Since your in Mesa too, I would like stop by and check out your turbo system when you get it.

I'm looking for the same 'rush' I got from my Banshee at the dunes. The stock DS is great, but it's acceleration doesn't compare to my built Banshee duner, yet. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2004, 07:44 AM
Trailblazer

I'm KMS dealer in Kuwait. im waiting also for the pix,vids and dynos sheets to show to my customers. 75 h.p in stock DS. that very impressive. i guess that turbo DS baja will have more chances here coz we have only STRAIGHT drag racing in sand ( not dunes ) and in pavement. i wonder if that turbo DS can beat 4mm stroker banshee in STRAIGHT drag racing. do u have any idea AZSAND ?

the DS spin too much in sand ( no traction ).. We will need good tires (not paddles) plus gearing it higher with KMS turbo... what do u think guyz?

i wonder who will be KMS turbo’s for 400ex and raptor against at least piped yfz ?

Old 06-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

It would all depend on who built the banshee i have alway's run with 4mm from various shops with my nitro bike but i can't beat doug with D&M's 370 duner ????? So builder definetly comes into play !!!

Old 06-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Their complete kit will run you $4k and includes install, turbo, intercooler, and fuel injection. They threw the stock rod on the raptor and now their are updating to the Carillo. Their shop is about 5 min away from me. I'm going to have them jet and dyno my bike next weekend. Their fuel injection alone will run your $1500 but they claim a 4-5h.p. im thinking about buying it. I'll have to save up though, considering the Edelbrock is $600, and the FCR's are $1000, injection isnt to far out of the ball park.

Old 06-04-2004, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

what four stroke would be most reliable for a dune/drag form? 450. Raptor. Ds650

Quick Reply: The turbo is here !!!!!!!