CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who Owns the Busa powered DS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 03:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Owns the Busa powered DS?

I was really impressed to hear the mph he was running @ Sand Mt Nevada. I would like to talk to the guy. Sounds like this guy knows how to get the power to the ground. I also wonder if he had to beef up the brake system so it can slow the bike down after high speed runs.

If you own the busa powered ds, Please PM me.

Old 06-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont know who owns it, but I can tell you who will be the owner of a 954 EFI DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I would really like to talk to this man, so I can ask him some Fabrication questions.

Bigger.

Old 06-02-2004, 04:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are you thinken what im thinken KYLE??LOL

There is alot of fab work (I would assume) just to keep the frame to hold together from puttng out that much hP.

Kyle, tell me more!!!

Old 06-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yep!! LOL

My motor is due to arrive TODAY! 2003 Honda 954.

I figure I could spend $$$$$ tring to stay up with the Jones's or just do something totally different and actually save alot of money in the long run. I will be biulding my DS to be a TURN KEY duner(with a 150hp, lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I will go out of my way to make this combination look totally stock to the lay-person. I did some research and all the "liter" bike motors have around 150hp and only wiegh 135lbs. the DS engine wieghs around 105lbs. So I can double my HP and only add 30lbs to my quad. I However really dont expect this bike to be much QUICKER that my DS is now, but it will be different!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 06-02-2004, 04:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats going to be awesome. You have to take pics of the build and post them.

Old 06-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds awesome!

Only thing, If you went ahead with a liter bike motor, why not get the most powerful instead of the least?

The best literbike motor is by far the GSXR 1000. It is strong puller all the way to redline, but what seperates it from the other literbikes is the EXTREME down-low torque. The new Kawi ZX-10R is supposed to be stronger aswell as the new R1. The 954 is the weakest of all modern literbikes, though it is NOT weak, nor even close.

Good luck and let us know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congrats!!!I hear ya on keeping up w/ the Jonses!!! I also want a 200HP duner on pump gas >>LMAO!!!

Ive added up the amount of $$ spent in my ds motors and it really is starting to get to me, so I may just sell the fast one.
I cant wait to see your rig when your done.

Old 06-02-2004, 04:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I hear what you are saying. Some reason why I chose the Honda 954.

1) tranny.. I have heard from mor than one guy that has done conversions like this that the Honda tranny's are very strong,stronger than the others.

2) Busa motors were around 2500.00 and this being my first biult like this I didnt want spend that much money right off.

3) SIZE. the honda Motor is only 3lbs heavier than the GSXR1000 and only down on HP by about 10 or so. The Honda Motor was over a 1500 dollars cheaper.

4) FIT-- that Honda motors have a mor compact design to them(especailly over the R1) the throttle bodies are more compact and the OIL pan doesnt hang down as much.

5) POWER-- All liter bikes are relatively close in the power department. I didnt want a Drag racer, I wanted I COOL duner. so fit and finish were more important than a few HP. Later I can add a Super-charger for around $3000 and bump the HP to well over 200HP and 130Ft lbs of torque. That is IF I ever feel the need to get NASTY. LOL.

I hope this project will turn out to be FUN,and worth all the hours I am willing to put into it. In the end I hope to have what I think a quad SHOULD be in 2004. I know it will be a learning experience.....

Bigger.

Old 06-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

i own a Ds and a Busa! nut i couldn't bring myself to chop up my bike. womder if anyone has installed a small turbin engine in a quad yet?

Old 06-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
I hear what you are saying. Some reason why I chose the Honda 954.

1) tranny.. I have heard from mor than one guy that has done conversions like this that the Honda tranny's are very strong,stronger than the others.

2) Busa motors were around 2500.00 and this being my first biult like this I didnt want spend that much money right off.

3) SIZE. the honda Motor is only 3lbs heavier than the GSXR1000 and only down on HP by about 10 or so. The Honda Motor was over a 1500 dollars cheaper.

4) FIT-- that Honda motors have a mor compact design to them(especailly over the R1) the throttle bodies are more compact and the OIL pan doesnt hang down as much.

5) POWER-- All liter bikes are relatively close in the power department. I didnt want a Drag racer, I wanted I COOL duner. so fit and finish were more important than a few HP. Later I can add a Super-charger for around $3000 and bump the HP to well over 200HP and 130Ft lbs of torque. That is IF I ever feel the need to get NASTY. LOL.

I hope this project will turn out to be FUN,and worth all the hours I am willing to put into it. In the end I hope to have what I think a quad SHOULD be in 2004. I know it will be a learning experience.....

Bigger.

You've proven your point! There is a difference when it comes to powerbands though. The peak might be relatively close, but trust me you can feel the difference coming off a Gixxer 1K and a 954.

But for 1500$ less, jesus, more power to you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Who Owns the Busa powered DS?