CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Who Owns the Busa powered DS?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 12:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who Owns the Busa powered DS?

How can I tell what year this motor is?? is it stolen?? it has 998cm3 on the side of the cylinder, I guess that is the CC's??? It is fuel injected. but noe ECU! how much are those?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I hope its a simple mistake on the sellers part. But thats kind of a big mistake. Keep us posted and good luck.

Old 06-04-2004, 02:50 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Bigger the only way to tell what year it is, is to know the numbers on the case, but I can tell you if it is injected it is newer then 2001, they started injecting them in 2002. And you are correct on the cc's. As for the computer I would have no idea how much that would cost, I am sure it is not cheap though, plus you will need the wiring harness, which i'm sure isnt cheap either, plus a fuel pump, but thats not that big of a deal. You may be right on it being stolen too, You could always run the numbers just to be sure if it bothers you..

Old 06-04-2004, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
How can I tell what year this motor is?? is it stolen?? it has 998cm3 on the side of the cylinder, I guess that is the CC's??? It is fuel injected. but noe ECU! how much are those?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

998cm3 = 998 CC's

Cubic centimers or cm3 is the same thing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

It's definetly not an Honda motor, unless it's from an RC51 (which Honda states 999 CCs). The R1 motor's official displacement is 998 CC's. So that's probably it.

Old 06-04-2004, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Spinner,,,, no doubt on the new ZX10. Very cool and extreemly fast. Rode with a guy last week who just got his. He got the All Black model - VERY IMPRESSIVE! Just an outstanding looking machine. Seems like every part on it, was a works piece not 2 years ago. Man, it was nice.

The owner said that he was expecting just HUGE power from everything he had read. I assumed the same thing as well. He said it was not like that at all. Kind of like the Busa in that regard. Super simple to control and packing the heaviest punch around. If I was a normal sized human, I'd have the exact same bike. That said, the Suzuki GSXR is still the standard by which everything is campared to. probably a very tough call. Even with the "incredible" motor, the GSXR is still providing faster lap times in EVERY comparison out - Cycle World, Sport Bike etc. etc.

Can you imagine though.... the new ZX10 is 420lbs and producing 164 to the rear wheels! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

How ya doin Bigger?

Old 06-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I havent heard back from the seller yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I am hoping that this is a big misshap,and can be resolved quickly and I can laugh about it later(much later). The R1 engine is a good engine, but that is not what I payed for, and this engine is lacking some important parts like the ECU and headers that the other motor came with.

I just dont think I can bring myself to put a Yamaha motor in my DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 06-04-2004, 05:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

UPDATE. The seller contacted me,and MY motor is now in Goergia. The R1 motor was supposed to go to them. SOOOO Hopefully early next week all of this will be resolved.

Bigger[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]