CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

KMS Dyno sheets and video from Sand Mountain

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMS Dyno sheets and video from Sand Mountain

I would assume the more done to the bike liks say for instance the stage 1,2,3 would go faster then each other depending which has more upgrades...?Or doesw it run better with some minor mods to help the turbo out...

With my current mods i could drop that in and be just as fast as i am now, now im talking a reasonable gain not like 20 bikes or nothing like that but much faster then just dropping a piston and cam kit in her..? looks good ,.,.

Old 06-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

How did the stock clutch hold up? I can't get them to hold over 60hp.

Old 06-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Pro Rider

Wow that is impressive. Hell it's making me want a kit. They are kind of pricey from what I understand.

Old 06-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

no slipping no fadding (i wish it would have a tad of slippage)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

But i would alway's put a barnnet e-disc in any turbo of mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RodSmith32
Originally posted by: wshrdskin
That's pretty damn impressive, no pipe, air filter jetting changes? No higher comp piston and cams installed? Completely stock bike aside from paddles?
I'll answer a couple of your questions the best that I can. The bike had a pipe on it that was actually hindering performance, there is no air filter with the turbo setup, not jetting as the turbo systems are set up with fuel injection, and the engine was completly stock, so yes it was completely stock aside from paddles[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
LOL, don't I feel stupid. It's pretty obvious that I know nothing about turbos. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Thanks.

Old 06-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

Wow thats what im talking about "GOT BOOST INSIDE" AZsand i know this is off topic but weres my burger sorry i missed you in glamis now that you were at the hill this past weekend i wasent that far away and i missed it DOH.You can ship me that burger with that cherry pepsi via ups or fed ex.....J/K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-04-2004, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

The bike had a new clutch in it and new RWR 60% springs. The stock springs lost it on the dyno.

Old 06-05-2004, 02:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I think there was a K&N on the suction side of the turbo. Doesn't really matter what kind of air filter you are running 11 lbs. of boost is 11 lbs. of boost. Sure it could create a little more back-pressure on the exhaust if the turbo has to work harder but, I doublt that would be any kind of power robbing issue.

Isn't cost about $4k??? (Including the fuel injection.)

If you want to compare it to a big bore be sure to add the cost of a new carb for the big bore.

If you are looking at a hill shooter, you'll need a full 760 on NOs to compete with the KMS on a stock bore.

I think a KMS on a 720 will be a killer set-up.

Hopefully by DS Day's (Labor Day Weekend - Sand Mt., NV) there will be a couple bikes with that set-up. I'm sure Major want's to come to show his stuff. I know there is a Raptor getting built as we speak. Don't know if he will make the trip though. Anyone else looking to get theirs done by then?

Old 06-05-2004, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

Its tempting but if i do get a kit, i doubt i would have it then. I might have a turbo kit done over the winter season while i am snowmobiling though. I want to see how reliable they are for a few months of riding. Sure, it can hold up to a dyno run and one weekend of drag racing but will it hold up for a year of riding?

Sean

Old 06-05-2004, 10:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Now thats what im talking about jet!!! Thats why i have been provoking everryone to take there turbos out and run the heck out of them !!! run run run run run!!! the baja has had a couple trips on it already it has been to flagstaff too!!

And pony your hamburger and cherry coke have been in the back of my hummer since glamis. Do you think i should throw them out and get new ones????? good to see you again.

Quick Reply: KMS Dyno sheets and video from Sand Mountain