CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sand Mt Utah this weekend= WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 07:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand Mt Utah this weekend= WOW!!!

Your funny Dave..

Cam, I was at the hill all day sat. till about 4 or 5.

Dave there were some fast 115 hp banshees that I did not want to play with. And If I let off the gas through the whoops, or sneezed, cpcpatriot w/ his tricked out yfz w/ 20 shot would creep up on me at the top of the hill.. Bansheewarrior had a fast 400 built banshee motor and would creep up on me if I blinked or didnt hold WOT all the way . Other than that there was no probs. I didnt realize where my fuel mixture REALLY needed to be until about an hour or 2 before I left. The stuff really started to work good on top.

Majors turbo pulled the hill like it wasnt a hill when it took to the Alky. He shifted into a higher gear on the hill and his turbo just pulled it REAL hard w/ no prob. But some complications w/ his fuel held him up from moppin me up the hill...LOL And the bike sounds awsome, that turbo just was hummin and the bike idled real quiet, but when he took off it sounded like a turbo alright.

Unfortunately I got ZERO video, The wife took the weekend off i guess.

Old 06-14-2004, 07:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds good. Ya gotta love going to other play grounds and holding your own. I wouldn't have expected anything different from you and your DS though. I guess all my bragging about your quad isn't for nothing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

How'd ya like that long azz hill. It's gotta be the best drag race hill in the country. I haven't been to Sand Mountain Nevada yet, not to take anything away from it.

Can't wait for Dumont season again. Larrys gone 720 or 730 whatever it is so I'll be bringing up the rear but that's ok. Ooops, I don't think I was suppose to say that about Larry. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Anyway, Glad you did well at LS Utah. Tell that pretty little lady of yours we expect Video next time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

get any speeds up the hill ???

Just wondering how it compares to other hills ....

Mario could you pull another gear compared to dumont ??

Shane

Old 06-14-2004, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dave, Ill tell her. She missed some seroius footage. But she will get it next time. Larrys on the sneak attack...LMAO!

Shane- The long hill will show true hp, and the face will show true torque (IMO). I still pulled 3rd hard on both hills without changing gearing, jetting, or paddles. I could get into 4th but would lose wheel speed but still maintain pretty good. I am still running 17-40 12 paddle. I can get into 4th @ Dumont alot better. Keep the same gearing as dumont, but I wouldnt recomend going taller.

If it werent for Jeffinrivercity I would not even have a good running bike, Thanks Jeff. You da man! And the lectron carbs are WAY, WAY WAY, more consistant than any other carb I have ran.

Old 06-14-2004, 10:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

sounds like you had fun mario[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 10:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LVracer36
annihilater how long is the drive from Vegas ? I want to take a trip out their during the summer. Ive been hearing lots of great things about Sand Mtn, NV.

I got there in 5 hrs, But It should take about 6 and a half @ 65mph.. Its 368 miles from my doorstep..

Sandman- you have got to see these hills, Its like they never end... When you go let me know, I can maybe meet you up there.

It makes Dumont look like a mogal. The face is where I would like to run other 4 strokes. I picked up many bike lengths running the same bike on that side of the hill. If you got a high torque bike, the truth will come out on that hill. IMO alot more steep than NV.

Old 06-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

what's the weather like on the dunes during the hot summer months? Is there a "unrideable season" at Sand Mountain?

jbt

Old 06-14-2004, 11:28 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

Is there a "unrideable season" at Sand Mountain?
Definetly, in fact it was getting damn close to 90 this Sunday. In June-Aug, its over 100 alot. You can dune in those months, early morning , late evening trips, but its pretty empty out there all summer.

Old 06-15-2004, 12:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KGB
Is there a "unrideable season" at Sand Mountain?
Definetly, in fact it was getting damn close to 90 this Sunday. In June-Aug, its over 100 alot. You can dune in those months, early morning , late evening trips, but its pretty empty out there all summer.
July is the only month I've ever been able to go to Sand Mountain Utah. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] It's been warm each time but the evenings and mornings are nice. Having the whole dunes to yourself is kinda nice though. I get beat on enough in my part of the country, don't need to get picked on elsewhere to. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2004, 01:09 AM
Air
Pro Rider

Mario, It was nice seeing you again. I am glad you like our "little" dunes here. You need to try and make it up Easter if you want to see some quick machines. You only have to share the Sand with 50,000 others.

Quick Reply: Sand Mt Utah this weekend= WOW!!!