CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Sand Mt Utah this weekend= WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 02:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sand Mt Utah this weekend= WOW!!!

Got back last night--Never imagined that the place would be so GIANT and beautifull. I was shocked to see how nice of an area it was. Rangers and people are nice and the hills are THE knarliest Ive ever seen. Sand MT. UT. Has hills to bring out your true torque.

MajorEcho- Our friends (speedy and co.)showed up right after we left Airs camp (we went right back to sand MT area and found them). They were just a little late. Good to finally meet you in person, Your bike is awsome and the cleanest set-up turbo ive seen. It is going to be SOME sleeper.
I think youll need a wheely bar with all that pending power, Good job on that bike!!
DSaholic- Nice to meet you and your lady, Your bike has the best suspension ive felt yet, those whoops were like a peice of cake for your bike when I rode it, and you have that lectron DIALED in perfect w/ great response and power. My wife and I think you guys are a classy bunch of people and we will be up again. Glad we finally met up!!!

I met HIghtower and his group, Bunch of very nice people (flatlanders and pound, and Air and all the others are cool as heck) we all were running the hill and switching bikes. Hightower is real cool and Did a GOOD job getting his tm45 where it is, The throttle pull is as easy as he says on his bike (almost as easy as stock IMO), And he does have that carb makeing good power bottom and top end. Great to meet them guys, they traveled 20+ hours so I had to sneak up there . It was good riding with all Yall.

I still cant get over how big those dunes are, if you go to the top of the hill you can see dunes on every side almost as far as you can see.
Most the dunes looked un-ridden and smooth. w/ snake trails in between with trees. UN_ Believable!!! I cant wait to go back.

I wanted to test the lectron elevation sensitivity also, I did not set the bike leaner and it still made good power @ higher elevation. I just realized I could lower octane level and get away w/ it, with better power. My bike really came alive About 2 hours before I left when I started dumping funny liquid in my tank!! But it still ran pretty good w/ no tuning. There was cptPatriot there w/ a fast yellowYFZ on a 20 shot of nos. The bike ran very strong and was very nice looking, and he would line up with me over and over. He did a real good job on delivering that nos and came too close for comfort a few times. (on the long hill) Very nice looking bike and hidden nos.

Sand MT UT. IS the shiznit, I still cant believe what a pretty place it is.

Glad to meet everyone and hope to be back soon.

BTW-Sorry if I roosted anyone.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2004, 03:00 PM
Trailblazer

Glad you enjoyed our great dunes. Would be glad to run with you again anytime, Next time I will bring some more Nos with me. I think we ran like 20 different times. It was awesome to have a fast fourstroke to do some testing with. catch you later Dave

Old 06-13-2004, 11:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Im already trying to plan my next trip down(I just dont know when yet, hopefully soon). I would like to try some new things w/ the motor. Im gonna freshen her up and maybe try a system like your set-up. But Im still happy on all motor. I still cant get over how big that place is.
Next time I will dune and not just run the hill. well, maybe.lol

Old 06-13-2004, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

If you want to explore a little next time just let me know, I know some killer hill climbs. and there are alot of bowls on the backside of our mountains. I want my bike to be as fast as it is now but all motor, then use the nos. that is my winter project. I have some tunning to do on my bike as well so things should only get better. Later Dave

Old 06-14-2004, 12:33 AM
MTX
Pro Rider

annihilater how long is the drive from Vegas ? I want to take a trip out their during the summer. Ive been hearing lots of great things about Sand Mtn, NV.

Old 06-14-2004, 09:50 AM
Pro Rider

It was really nice to meet you and your wife and finally get to see that beast run. That is one fast DS for sure the fastest that i have ridden up the hill by far. I did get to ride Major's turbo a little but not up the hill. That is one clean and FAST setup it will be real interesting once he gets the fuel system figured out. I'm glad that your friends made it and you had a good time at our dunes. Thanks for the compliments on the bike. Just let us know the next time you come down we will come down with the trailer and stay a bit longer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

Man you guys are killing me!! If I could ever get the truck situation rectified, I have got to get down there and see these bikes run. I am anxious just to get to see major's bike yet alone how it runs. I hate being basically grounded with no vehicle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img].

DSa, I dont think we have heard a report yet on how your bike compares with the new mods???

Mario, From what I understand, St. Anthony's in Idaho make LS look small. Glad you enjoyed it there, its deffinatly one of my favs for sure. Someday I want to check out Dummont, looks like a cool place to ride as well.

Old 06-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well demon I can't be happier with how the bike runs with the new mods. I raced a few DS's when I was down the last time (not just friday) and pretty much smoked them. I can run the hill in 3rd tapped out and the R's never fall off from the bottom all the way to the top. Major took it for a spin and said that it feels like about 10 to 12 hp more on top. Mario road it and said that is was a strong running bike as well. Coming from those two I took there compliments very happily. It is a whole different bike now that the lectron is dialed in great and with the new extream haulers it flat out rips. Now mario and curtis's bikes are in a whole different league...WOW about says it all. I got to ride them both and couldn't take the grin off of my face for about 10 mins after each ride.

I hope you can get down and take the beast for a run up the hill and let me know what you think as well.

Old 06-14-2004, 05:40 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

I missed you guys by bit, I guess. Man I looked a few times, but never saw you on Sat. Usually I stay at the Mountian, great riding there, so next time I won't miss you.
Every body our camp could not stop talking bout how bas A$$ all three of: Annihilator, Major Echo, and DSaholic's DS's were. I wish I would have seen them...
cpc, next time, its probably good, I was not running the best. I heard great things about your set up.
See you all next time!

Old 06-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well, well well. Mario, you kept that trip a secret. LOL. It sounds as though you did well on that long azz hill. I bet you just kept pulling and pulling. Were you able to beat all 4 strokes or what? How's about them 2 strokes? Fill us in on your triumphs and losses should there be any.

Quick Reply: Sand Mt Utah this weekend= WOW!!!