CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

TVI-(DSWorks), RWR, ALBA, PAMI

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 01:16 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TVI-(DSWorks), RWR, ALBA, PAMI

I can make 70 with the NOS (on a stock bike) if I keep it rich. If it leans out, it likes to take the top ring lands off the piston.

The turbo's are not as violent on parts!!!

Old 06-18-2004, 01:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would deal with THEBOM, or MR.HP. Both stand up guys.. The preacher never gets on line, he has worked on motors by all the builders you mentioned, and he likes PAMI best. The preacher does not sell Pami, he don't sell kits, you send him the parts and he builds it.
Right now there is a Pami 760 on ebay for 4 grand, get that and sell your motor for a grand.

Old 06-18-2004, 01:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ditto on the Pami. Still the measuring stick.

The Turbo kicked my Pami A$$ but, a turbo isn't for everyone and every kind of riding.

But, I wouldn't give up my Pami for anything (hope my Wiife doesn't see this [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] ) Definitely built to last and you can't beat this as a duner.

Ron Wood put's together some very powerfl and from what I've seen, very reliable kits (check on d u n e s for info [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] ) No bore or stroke offering.

I've seen some impressive TVI engines. Overall, many very satisfied customers. Very reasonable price. Awesome customer service. I don't believe in sleeving the DS though.

HP Reasearch - Hear great things about customer service and I am about to send off my hubs for lightening and different bolt pattern. I would like to see his new cylinders get some run time before I recommend their 730 to anyone. I like the new cast cylinder he is offering but, would like to see it out for a year before I recommend it to anyone. If it works out this could be the best bang for the buck kit.

For YOUR money, I'ld suggest an 11:1 piston - look around, there's probably someone going big bore that will make you a deal on one. Get a set of cams and heavy duty cam springs and get some port work done. Add heavy duty clutch springs and a carb (TM45 - I know others like the Lectron). If you don't already have one, get a pipe too. Ron Wood is the best but, there are others out there. You'll also want a CDI. This is a powerful set-up. Gearing, Tires and Suspension complete this package.

Oh, Alba. . . I don't think I would look there. No experience with them but, I just don't think they are a shop that wants to see their customers go fast as much as a shop that wants to sell stuff.

Old 06-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

Thats more or less whats in my bike. Methanol is also something you would want to try. Get a kit from RWR and try it. Also dont forget heavier clutch spring. RWR has 60% that work great.

High comp piston
Cams
Port work
Carb
Filter
Pipe
Clutch springs
Methanol kit
CDI
Valve springs
That should be a good running bike

Old 06-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i think azsand is the only one on here that has probably had every set up so he is probably the only one that could answer you question with out some kind of bias, the good mews i think you could use any and be ok

Old 06-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

Check out MR. HP.

As DUNME has said his new big bore hasn't been out that long but the guy is very meticulous with his work. He doesn't "sell" you on anything and is a good guy to deal with. Try RWR, and TVI. It doesn't hurt to call around and see which each can offer you. My friend has a Stage III setup from Ron Wood Racing but if 5th gear wide open throttle is not for you, you may want to consider a big bore kit.

PAMI is good stuff no doubt, but expect to pay for it.