CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

This is bullsh!t

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is bullsh!t

They got your pics right off THIS SITE !

maybe next they will have a DS for sale with no motor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2004, 03:43 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is bullsh!t

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2004, 11:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default This is bullsh!t

Thats like one time I gone on to check my ebay and was like, I dont remember having anything for
sale...Someone had gotten my password ,and listed 2 brand new street bikes, had them buy it now for about 3k. Will ship from paris...That shi# sucked, they got in and changed my password, it was a big deal. And guess what ebay has no phone # you have to go on and wait about 45min to get to chat online with a service rep.
Justin

Old 06-19-2004, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default This is bullsh!t

Originally posted by: JDsBusa
Thats like one time I gone on to check my ebay and was like, I dont remember having anything for
sale...Someone had gotten my password ,and listed 2 brand new street bikes, had them buy it now for about 3k. Will ship from paris...That shi# sucked, they got in and changed my password, it was a big deal. And guess what ebay has no phone # you have to go on and wait about 45min to get to chat online with a service rep.
Justin
You should change your password once in a while..They got into my acct also, but ebay stopped it.
Ebay or Paypal will never send you an email asking you for your password, if someone does let ebay know. I let them know of a scam yesterday.

Old 06-19-2004, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default This is bullsh!t

Originally posted by: BigWaynester
They got your pics right off THIS SITE !

maybe next they will have a DS for sale with no motor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
If they stole the pics from this site then the operators of this forum should have the MAC address or the IP of the people that have downloaded the pictures. That would be useful information to pass along to the people at EBAY. You might want to suggest the forum do that.

Old 06-20-2004, 12:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default This is bullsh!t

400CatDriver,

You are right, they might have that info if their software logged it - but with the thousands of visitors that come here daily, even if their software could check to see a list of only the people who looked at JMACs pictures - that would be A LOT of IPs and Mac addresses - mine included.

I really wish there was a police agency that was 'online' looking for internet scammers and busting them. I mean, who is it that is going to go after the moron who tried to scam someone? It is almost as if there is no risk for them to do this sort of thing - no chance of being caught means they WILL do it AGAIN!

Old 06-20-2004, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default This is bullsh!t

>>forum should have the MAC address......

not possible, as any router or firewall would hide the MAC addresses, and there were probably several in the path.

The IP could shed some light, but if the person has any 3rd rate skills, it'll just further obfuscate their trail.

sorry for getting geeky.

jbt

Old 06-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default This is bullsh!t

Originally posted by: Slowride
>>forum should have the MAC address......

not possible, as any router or firewall would hide the MAC addresses, and there were probably several in the path.

The IP could shed some light, but if the person has any 3rd rate skills, it'll just further obfuscate their trail.

sorry for getting geeky.

jbt
I agree slowride but wouldn't you agree that the hosting service, both in policy and configuration, has to be prepared to combat the problem. I believe that as VPN or similar technology moves forward we should see a capability that prevents spoofing to secure a tunnel/connection. Somehow we need to be able to secure a connection and identify users or at least a "real" requesting IP. I for one have no problem with requiring some type of certificate to positively identify the user. That gives up a little privacy but we might have to do that to prevent these scumbags from theft identity. All this would assume that we have some type of legislation in place to hammer ISPs and vendors such as this forum that fails to adequately protect our information.

BTW -- you don't have to apolgise for beinging geeky----IT geek for 31 years too

Old 06-20-2004, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default This is bullsh!t

i just love the JMAC painting !!!
GLOWING BLACK!
PERFECT! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
fine a$$ baja!

Old 06-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default This is bullsh!t