CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

This is bullsh!t

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2004, 09:12 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is bullsh!t

Originally posted by: BlackHawk
400CatDriver,

I really wish there was a police agency that was 'online' looking for internet scammers and busting them. I mean, who is it that is going to go after the moron who tried to scam someone? It is almost as if there is no risk for them to do this sort of thing - no chance of being caught means they WILL do it AGAIN!
I tried to look at the web site, looks like e-bay shut it down.

I know our agency as gone after the internet scammers. We belong to Sacramento Valley Hi-Tech. We have a satellite office in Turlock. They police from Sacramento to Fresno. But, as we know, internet scamming is done from around the world.

I only put this here, because law enforcement does do what they can. Not to open a debate on what they do or don't do. This is a problem that can not be addressed here. You need to contact your local law enforcement agency and see what they do to try and curb/deal with internet fraud/thefts and what you can do to protect yourself as best you can. A couple good ways were suggested in this topic. Lt. Dan

Here is a link to Sacramento Hi Tech if you are interested.Text

Old 06-20-2004, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default This is bullsh!t

Rescuedriver....you guys keep up the good work!

Old 06-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default This is bullsh!t

Originally posted by: BartlettRacing
I think dbeck should setup the site to not allow right click .this will stop most but not all [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img], well that wouldn't be to good for the normal people that want to use that for a background, especially thsoe nice dune pictures, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default This is bullsh!t

rescuediver,

An officer in Sacremento, doesn't have the ability to bust someone pulling a scam from say Europe, right? Is there some communications system in place where an officer in Sacremento (only using Sacremento as an example) could contact law enfircement somewhere else, be it another county /state or country?

It's good to know these is someone out there trying to help the problem, that means a lot.

Old 06-21-2004, 08:30 PM
Quad Patrol
Default This is bullsh!t

BlackHawk, You are correct. We don't have the resources or the laws to go after someone out of country. We do work with other agencies, ie. FBI, IRS, local police agencies and sheriff's dept. to try and get some resolution to the problem. Biggest thing is the crime or crimes might have taken place out of our jurisdiction. The unit I posted about consist of officers from Sacramento County to Fresno. So, there is a lot of information that gets shared up and down our valleys.
Bottom line,The consumer needs to be aware of what information he/she gives out and to whom.

And Thanks to all. We do try to do our best.