CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Question for THEBOMB??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 01:06 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for THEBOMB??

Ask any time !

The fuel pressure gauge is not to watch when you are racing ,it is to set the flow of the fuel to match the nos jet. Not all pumps come out of the box with the same pressure. This will help with rich or lean tuning. Same with the NOS gauge. If you don't know what its doing how can you tune it ?

Bottles that are pumped and weighted, get several runs, depending on the shot being used.

I guess every one has their opinion though.

Old 07-01-2004, 01:40 AM
Elite Pro Rider

i've been getting 15 -20 run on a bottle i also have the pressure safety switch nofuel pressure switch at this point it's still in the truck never got around to putting it on.

Old 07-01-2004, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

REALLY not trying to flame anyone. Let's just try to be REAL specific when it comes to the gas. It can be the best thing or the VERY WORST THING IMAGINABLE! Yes, BOMB you are absolutely right about the fuel pressure for tuning. I took the post as you suggested it as a safety step. I guess it would be a safety step when fine tuning a system as not to set lean conditions. Yes. NOS has different divisions...... but the reason for the difference in jets has nothing to do with the applications. It has to do with a refinement of technology which, they have done pretty much ALL the work on. The jets DON'T create the seal. The fitting creates the seal on the reciprical flare (end opposite of the application end - end with the hex head).

"Try to buy a bike/atv kit from a auto speed shop , with out just buying the componets and it won't happen."

HUH? Don't get the statement. I can buy components all day and put a system together at about a 25% savings over the JEGS kit prices.

You RUN nitrous - And obviously very fast. You are the "CHAMP". I have run systems as high as 300hp plus on boats and rails. I have put a couple of systems together on bikes and two on quads. Marios being one of them. There are points to which Mario's system is not perfect. He knows where his issues are. When he chooses to dump more money into the system, then the flaws will be ironed out. As far as the fuel pressure goes. The system has to meet a minimum of 4 - 5 psi (Hobbs switches are accurate to .5 psi) With that minimum, the fuel mix rate is at the recommended rate. The pumps come from the factory (NOS doesn't make their own pumps) set to run optimally. YES, they can vary, and probably do. When they Vary, they are in error on the good side. If you're running a little rich on the fuel due to 1 - 2 psi over recommended, the jet will eat up most of that in it's developed head pressure. Worse case scenario, you'll run a slightly rich condition which is FAR, FAR better than a lean condition. If all you do is 1/8's or 1/4's and dial-ins are of the upmost importance...... YES - GO buy the fuel pressure guage, the gear to send telemetry to a lap top on EGT's in each exhaust port and you'll be the numoro UNO!.

Lot's of good info here. Bomb is the BOMB. Just trying to take some of the vodoo out of the NO2 magic bag. NO2 can be vary reliable - it is a drug though. The more you take, the more you want. I have had two friends die on the drag strip, one friend die in the liquid 1/4. What scares me about the whole thing is that I see those same eyes in Mario. He is a great guy! One that will give you the very shirt off his back. My pledge to him is to give him the best info I can, and keep him safe. In all of that, I hope he has fun. Making this a chemistry class kind of ruins it for a lot of people. 10th grade Chem teacher always believed in KISS. Guess I accelled in "S"tupid.

Old 07-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

No problems here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I have raced heads up since the late 70's. NOS was the ticket for this. There is a big learning curve, not just plug it in and go like some think. I have run as much a 600hp NOS on my super street car. That burning a little over 3lbs of NOS through a 2 stage system a pass. That leaving with 200hp and bringing anouther 400hp with a timer.

I want the same thing for people. No problems with their stuff and safety being the most important.

The atv / bike kits that are complete can't be sold from a auto speed shop but like I tried to say earlier, you can get the same individual components and make the kits up.

I have seen fuel pumps on these kits flow any were from 3-4 to 7-8. This is were your rich lean tuning comes in. I free flow every system I put in. Dead head pressure means nothing. This is the reason some systems run better than others when the installers just put them together.

Old 07-01-2004, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider - Oldham Racing
BUILDS THE FASTEST DS's ON THE PLANET!

Want a hot DS, or maybe one of the fastest DS's on the planet? This is the man to contact!

I have seen THEBOM's super street outlaw Hemi Dart. That thing was scary fast, it carried the front wheel's to the 300ft mark[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Is that an ORIGIONAL HEMI DART?????? iF so you have a gold mine on your hands. They made very very few of the HEMI darts.

I have also seen THE BOM try and shoot 200hp shot through his stage 3 DS. It worked GREAT!!!! it went right THROUGH the side of the head!! LMAO. He says it was an accident??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] whatever .......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Bigger.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I still take precautions... I have read countles hours in the last few weeks on different types of info on nos to try to understand it better since I want to use this stuff... I am happy with the recent shot im running. Its consistant for the time being... Bigdaddy took his time to set up this system and IMO did an awsome job (very, very clean) IMO also, nos results comes down to fine tuning the nos and gas jets along w/ the carb.

My Goal is to have my bike running like it did before (off the bottle) Then being able to have a little extra power when needed. For some reasone my bike is telling me that it LIKES the cold liquid stuff!!!LOL Ive rode other DS big bores w/ nos and have never felt the kick like this has. It accelorates great w/ the lectron and drag pipe to move out all that air. I intend on only spraying in 4th gear, Its really all i need. I have been pondering 3rd gear spraying launches though, But dont want to put the xtra strain on my motor and clutch.

I turn the nos bottole off every time and spray raw fuel a few times till it cuts out and then I turn on the bottle. I did some engine temp testing yestarday, cruized the bike around for about 15-20 mins till the motor got up to about 165 and the sprayed a decent sized shot in 5th gear WOT started spraying @ 3500rpm the front came up and it was reved out instantly and my temp did not fluctuate so it looks good to me.

You better believe im prayin, Then sprayin.... Thanks for all the help fellas.. It is a bad addiction, but needs to be used in moderation, and I DO understand that part. Im up to a solid 17 shot on a higher comp motor and SO FAR have not heard any funny noises and I have not seen anything come loose. Some people that I have seen @ Dumont think they can just set up a nos system and run it, I understant there is alot more to it for it to be effective.

KYLE--Hows the project Monster your building??

Old 07-01-2004, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
Is that an ORIGIONAL HEMI DART?????? iF so you have a gold mine on your hands. They made very very few of the HEMI darts.I have also seen THE BOM try and shoot 200hp shot through his stage 3 DS. It worked GREAT!!!! it went right THROUGH the side of the head!! LMAO. He says it was an accident??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] whatever .......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]Bigger.
My Dart is a 70 clone. An all aluminum Hemi didn't come stock. LOL

The 200hp shot? I was working on the bike and forgot to put the jets back in. I never said i was perfect. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

very intresting guys, great info,,Mario we will see how it goes this season on the juice...

Old 07-01-2004, 01:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

KYLE--Hows the project Monster your building??
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Motor is still not here. Shipping company is getting an ear full as we speak[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

The Bom, just giving a little ribbing[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I still remember the smile on your face though. lol

bigger.

Quick Reply: Question for THEBOMB??