CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Question for THEBOMB??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2004, 11:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for THEBOMB??

I got some jets today for the juice and Some are funnel jets and some are flare jets, Can they be used together, Are they ultimately the same size # just different style ? I installed a 20 "funnel" and a 23 "Flare" 23 is for the gas. Will it be safe to run this way, are they all the same size jets hole according to #s.? Thanks in advance... I know you know both systems quit well.

Old 06-29-2004, 11:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

looks like you are getting brave

Old 06-29-2004, 11:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I wont run it until I verify that the jets are universal... Are you running funnels or flares? I noticed your calculation on the jets are opposite of what nos.com calculations.

"Nitrous Oxide Systems
NOS Flare Jets
Tune your nitrous system for maximum horsepower.. The importance of properly jetting a nitrous system cannot be overemphasized! To adjust the power level properly on street-type kits, you need to have the right jets on hand. Flare jets are the most common type and are typically used in most nitrous kits. They can be used in either the fuel or nitrous lines. NOS flare jets are available in many different sizes to suit virtually any need.

NOS Funnel Jets
Get your nitrous tuning right for maximum horsepower.. Properly jetting a nitrous system cannot be overemphasized! To fine-tune the power level properly, you need to have the right jets on hand. Funnel jets are used for many applications. NOS flare jets deliver NOS quality, and are available in a wide selection of sizes to fit many needs"

Ok I still dont get it now!!! Ill stick with the recomended nos jets, OK I "think" ill be able to sleep tonight!!!

Old 06-30-2004, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

A funnel jet and flare jet just take different fittings to make work. They will not enter change on the inlet hose with out an adaptor ! As far as the jetting #s go, they are the same size holes.

Flares are usually automotive, funnels are most used on power sports.(atv, bikes,jet ski)

The big thing is watch the bottle pressure and fuel pressure.

Old 06-30-2004, 01:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks much!! I was a little confused cause I heard the same thing on the fittings, Both types fit on my set-up.. I have upgraded steel braided lines maybe there different, The Flares seem to fit a tad better than the funnels. At 103 degrees (outside temp) I maintained 1000psi without much fluctuation after many runs, But Running a smaller shot at that time. Im sure the pressure will decrease after a long run and bigger jetting..

Old 06-30-2004, 10:22 AM
Elite Pro Rider

the bottle pressure is the thing i'm fighting the most need to get that bottle heater going. don't think i could take the 103 to get that pressure all the time.

Old 06-30-2004, 11:06 AM
amd
Pro Rider

Since you are using steel braided lines then you are using -03 AN fitting which like the bom said is used more for automotive applications like the plates and foggers. The -03 fitting will tighten down on the funnel jet but it will be inconsistent on the jet, plus it will leak a little. I always use the funnel jets, much easier to find. I change bottles when pressure gets to around 700 at the lowest, 900 is optimal, as the bottle pressure drops the richer it starts to run, and sometimes it is hard to get a real good fill, atleast around here anyway, There has been times I have only gotton a couple of runs with a full bottle.

And as the Bom said keep an eye on both your bottle and fuel pressure. Put a fuel pressure gauge where you can see it when you are making a pass.

Trending Topics

Old 07-01-2004, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

I hear what all of you are saying..... are you listening to yourselves?????

First off..... leaking seals when putting funnel jets as apposed to flared jets.... come on guys. Let's get back to the basics. The seal in the system is NOT against the jets themselves, but against the other side of the fitting.

Second..... there is not one type of system for powersports vs. automotive applications, but there is different companies doing different types of pieces in equipment. Funnel vs. flare has nothing to do with automotive vs. powersports its different technologies. Some feel that the atomization of one is better than the other. SIMPLE.... let's not make that too hard for everyone else.

Third..... only getting a couple of runs from a bottle???????????????????????

That has more to do with the filler than the fill. If someone isn't cooling the bottle during the fill and not bleeding the bottle correctly - the result is a half-fill. This same explanation is the exact same for those of us that DIVE.

Forth...... fuel pressure guages are nice, but AT BEST simply a luxury when in a race. The fuel pressure guage during a heated race...... OK[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Trying concentraiting on the fuel guage, the tach and the nuts coming down the mountain. Not going to happen at the speeds Mario is running. By the time the fuel pressure guage reads "0" or "1" psi, IT'S TOO LATE FOR ANYTHING MUCH LESS A MODIFICATION IN YOUR THROTTLE PRESSURE. In order for the fuel pressure guage to be of any use, you would have to be studying it constantly..... Not very practical in my opinion. Does my opinion mean anything? Maybe, maybe not. My 22 years of racing everything from Blown Alky Hydro to SuperStock Flats, Modified Open wheel etc. etc. etc. says that in the real world of racing....... fuel pressure guage in a Drag, doesn't do much at all. What truely matters in a working NO2 system is that you have a fuel pressure safety switch (Hobbs Switch). This is where it really counts. If you do have a fuel delivery problem, the lack of pressure will KILL the entire system. Mario has just that - ask me how I know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Does it work? yes, he has to purge his system every time it's cracked open to get vacancies out and fuel in. - NO AIR BUBBLES WANTED!!!!!

Now we can argue this until we're blue. I can find someone on this planet to tell me that the sky is NOT blue from back yard, and probably find someone to tell me that more people win in vegas than lose. Born and raised here...... don't have that arguement with me.... you'll lose.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I'm sorry, I guess he should have ask you first.

I been raceing since the 70's with NOS and a dealer for them. There is a difference how they seal. Enverted flare and cone. they don't just seal around the rim. Or I guess maybe for some people they do.

NOS has 2 divisions. Auto and Power sports. Try to buy a bike/atv kit from a auto speed shop , with out just buying the componets and it won't happen.

Old 07-01-2004, 12:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I didnt mean to stirr anything up gents... I did ask bigdaddy about the jets and he wasnt exactly sure.. Both of you know your stuff, but everyone has different opinions i guess. Thanks for the info fellas. Thebomb, Ill try not to ask anymore questions. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .......................I just try to avoid learning the hard way if I can.

Bigdaddy, the system worked great today w/ a bigger shot.

Quick Reply: Question for THEBOMB??