CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Turbo's at the Cinders

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 06:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo's at the Cinders

Originally posted by: Raptor660Fam
Originally posted by: 727raptor01
those are very nice bikes but i do remember a couple of raptors lining up and racing it was 2 sparks and 1 craycraft and they went to a smaller hill to race and they traded wins but the raptors got stomped up $100 hill...
My dad lost by 1-2 bikes up $100 - that was not STOMPED!!! the vids will be up very soon, uploading while we speak... My dad smoked the other turbo by about 15 bikes up $100, you will see tonight, wish you could have stayed Sean
sorry about that i was just going of what a friend of mine told me that is a friend of the kms crew..and it looks like the good ole motor on the raptor can still put up a fight...but i wish i could have stayed and raced with those guys but my damn paddle wasnt liking the cinders...and we better watch out if the kms crew starts making those airplanes lighter they might be tough to beat..

Old 07-07-2004, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

Kelly deliberately leaves the bike completly stock and HEAVY! That way people truly know what to expect ( at a minimum) when they bolt on a turbo. Unlike other builders who won't tell you what they've done to make their shop bikes faster than all their customer bikes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Kelly was telling me that it took a few feet to get that heavy pig on top of the cinders, so his launches were tough.
Believe me, there will be some superlite Turbo DS's coming down soon enough and there will be few bikes that'll be able to hang.

Old 07-07-2004, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

where is DS days? I think i've heard about it but i think its a pretty good drive. Labor day we will be at the Cinders again, that is our biggest trip of the year.

Yeah, if the turbos were lighter and came out of the hole a little faster we would have been beaten badly. Turbos are the only way to go, if power is what you want, i was just happy to get the chance to line up with them.

Don't worry about it Sean, it will be nice to meet up again.

Old 07-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Range Rover

Sure would like to see some of these bikes you guys are running. They sound pretty awesome to me. Please announce the next big trip at the Cinders. My bikes pretty much stock, I can't run with ya, but would love to watch.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Labor day, you are welcome to come. It is a great place to ride, we just play race, we don't just go to race, it is about 15% of what we do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Have any of you guys tried racing up the huge red bowl behind $100 hill? The red side of that bowl looks crazier than $100 hill.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

I assume that you guys are not running the turf tamers on accident, I guess that the surface of the Cinders is probably some kind of heavy material...?? sorry, stupid beach comber here.

Old 07-08-2004, 01:50 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: PredFan
Have any of you guys tried racing up the huge red bowl behind $100 hill? The red side of that bowl looks crazier than $100 hill.
yeah, it is much crazier and much steeper and much rockier, and if you stall, miss a gear, slow down, turn out, you are basically dead!!! no really it is scary!!! Me, my dad, and uncle have been up it this trip with knobby tires, i will post those vids too,

Old 07-08-2004, 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SpinCycle
I assume that you guys are not running the turf tamers on accident, I guess that the surface of the Cinders is probably some kind of heavy material...?? sorry, stupid beach comber here.
Actually very good observation. Most people run paddles, but we can't afford to buy new paddles every other trip. The cinders are like very lightweight cravel, very airated and sharp. they kill horsepower especially since it is 8,000ft elevation.

Old 07-08-2004, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still wont a rematch through a good whoops section……LOL
It was nice meeting you all at the cinders we will have to do it again sometime.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Turbo's at the Cinders