CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Turbo's at the Cinders

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 04:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo's at the Cinders

What a site seeing two turbo DS's smok'n up the cinder hills.
Had a great time gettting wupp'd on by BigDog.
When Kellys bike spooled up for the first time I was looking for the F-250 that was heading for the hill.

Old 07-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

any pics? I hear after folks saw the Turbo run the hill, no one was willing to line up![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry I have no pics,
You are right There was one fast shee (with out much luck) that raced quite abit but not a lot of others.

Old 07-06-2004, 05:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

With all the R&D being done on the DS and Raptor these days with the turbo, It looks like the way to go...

I see a turbo in my future some time soon, Where else can you get bolt on power like that for under 5k ... Im glad someone like KMS steped up to the plate and went 100% with these new turbos in production!!

Old 07-06-2004, 06:45 PM
Trailblazer

those are very nice bikes but i do remember a couple of raptors lining up and racing it was 2 sparks and 1 craycraft and they went to a smaller hill to race and they traded wins but the raptors got stomped up $100 hill...

Old 07-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

I know its like comparing apples to oranges, but my old busa w/less than 190rwhp on motor+ a healthy shot of gas, would not make the same rear tire hp #s as a turbo'd bike(or at least at well setup turbo'd busa), but would run w/ or out run in the 1/8 and most of the time to the 1/4 with the turbo bike having a lighter rider.
I am not saying turbo isnt the way to go. I have never seen a turbo DS, let alone seen one run. But...
I would like to see one making a healthy hp at the tire plus a shot take a good run up one of the hills.
What kind of waste gate setup do they run? Velocity racing out of florida makes some awsome kits for street bikes that on a dyno the power comes in like a big motor, as opposed to it looking like it has a strong hp spike after waiting on turbo to spool to start making some boost. The setup is similar to F1 style. Has a very flat hp and Tq
line. I guess it would be almost a progressive style. Anyway they fly. For 5k thats a pretty healthy investment, not to mention the fact that its very noticable seeing a turbo hanging off the exhaust.
If you loose after having a turbo on it, you are guarteed to get ragged. I like people not knowing for sure what I have. Just putting in my .02, and taking up space
Justin

Old 07-07-2004, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 727raptor01
those are very nice bikes but i do remember a couple of raptors lining up and racing it was 2 sparks and 1 craycraft and they went to a smaller hill to race and they traded wins but the raptors got stomped up $100 hill...
My dad lost by 1-2 bikes up $100 - that was not STOMPED!!! the vids will be up very soon, uploading while we speak... My dad smoked the other turbo by about 15 bikes up $100, you will see tonight, wish you could have stayed Sean

Old 07-07-2004, 01:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Rapfam is right the rapyy's from tucson did very good rapfams father did beat the smaller turbo bike up hundered dollar hill but to be honest it was all setup its a desert racer with a short awing arm and it could not take off !!!! rapfams dad takes off like a scallded dog on a mission he was putting so many bikes on bigdaddyaz by the time they got to the hill it was over but as everyone will see he was doing a tad of reeling in "just not enough".[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] And to be honest he was doing the same thing to kelly but it didn't matter !!!kelly still pulled the hill and reeled him in BUT BY NO MEANS SHOULD ANYONE UNDER ESITIMATE THAT OL"E BOY HE"S FAST!!!!!! and he was running his chin shin knobbies!!!!

Things to remember:
1. the desert racer is only a 62+-hp. It was built to run the desert race series but still beat 99% of the bikes there.
2. the stock racer is 80+- and it beat all commers on the hill !!!
3. the rapfams pretty much dominated the flats
4. I realy enjoyed meeting the rapfams and hope this season they will join our group for a trip to gordonwells

Old 07-07-2004, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks AZsand, it was a very good trip. You are correct kelly's bike FLYS and pulls like crazy. I can't believe we were even able to stay within sight of them, I was scared to get cinderblasted by the 10 paddle turbos, Yeah kelly said he has about 85hp!!! I'm almost done with two of the $100 hill vids...

Old 07-07-2004, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider

first vid on drag hill about 400 ft.

TURBO DS"S vs RAPFAM

the turbos come on very strong, just need to be able to get a quicker holeshot... they have much more hp than us but i was lucky and won this one, this was my best race and of course i'll post this one first[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] more soon...

Quick Reply: Turbo's at the Cinders