CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ASR A-arms - are they any good ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASR A-arms - are they any good ?

I am thinking about getting a set off of e-bay. Does any one have them? If so how do they work, and how do they hold up? I hate the ball joints on the stockers so I am thinking about switching to these. Any input is appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Functionally they are excellent. The powerder coating has come off on my hiem joints and the shock mounts though.

Old 07-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

i'm interested in them also.
how's the handeling with them? do you set the camber yourself or do they come ready?
thanks

Old 07-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

I put mine on about 2 months ago and love them. My quad handles and turns so much better. Other people on the fourm spoke highly about them. The only thing that annoys me about them is mine bottom out the helm joint when get the front tires off the ground. Doesn't hurt anything just the annoing noise. Well worth the money, go ahead and get them. Lone star racing has a article on how to adjust them. You need a 3 dollar angle guage and some tools. It took me along time to adjust them but it was my first time.

Old 07-12-2004, 01:49 AM
Pro Rider

I do alot of jumping and ride through alot of sand, how have the heim joints held up for you and would you recommend them for the types of riding that I do? I was concerned since they aren't like the stock ball joint (stocks have boots and grease fittings) Do the joints wear out fast? Thanks for the input.

Old 07-12-2004, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider

i'm worry'd about that stuff to, i also jump alot.
thanks for the input man

Old 07-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

Any Heim with out a boot will wear out fast. ASR uses really cheap heims so they wear out even faster

Trending Topics

Old 07-12-2004, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

How fast? Do you know any one that has had them to give an estimated life span? Even if they are cheap I am guessing it would be cheaper to get them and later put in better heim joints instead of paying $95.00 a pop for the ball joints any time a boot rips.
I am looking into another Moog ball joint that might fit the DS. If it works out I will let everyone know. It should be in within 3 days. Wish me luck.

Old 07-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Pro Rider

They take a little time to put on, but they have a bunch of adjustments for clearence also, should be set up with the camber no more than 5 degrees negative, Caster is up to you, but up to 7 or 8 degrees positive is within reason and 1/8 inch toe in each side!
Thats what ASR explained to me, bike handles great, you should also spend a couple of bucks and change the brake lines too, and get the alum line holders too.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know about the life span since I just put mine on a couple of months ago. I also ride a lot in the sand. I don't think it is a big issue about the helm joints. They are not expensive to replace whenever I need to. It handles so much better I wouldn't care if it cost me every year to replace them. I think they should last longer than that. Hope that helps

Quick Reply: ASR A-arms - are they any good ?