CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Front drag light type tire & Rim?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 01:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Front drag light type tire & Rim?

I heard of someone mentioning a drag type front end, But I couldnt find the thread..

I was wondering if the front rim, hub and brakes can be replaced w/ a super light alternate wheel that would fit the front DS hub bolt ?
If anyone knows or makes them I would be interested, Thanks in advance for any help.

Ive seen these lighter rims on 300ft drag raptors but not the DS.. I know this type of set-up is more seen in the 300ft runs..

Old 07-12-2004, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

I have a set of skinnies for mine, just got them the other day, havent even been on the quad yet.
The wheels are .125 and the tires are scooter tire. They are light and look cool in my floor. I will try to take a pic and put it up tonight.
JD

Old 07-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Trailblazer

Hey i thought you needed those brakes to slow down that rocket of yours[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I havent seen any of the SPINDLE mounted tires on a ds yet. I bet you could just get the same rims they run on yamahas but get the proper bearings for a ds. you should find out what O.D. size bearings they run on the spindle rims and then see if you can find some bearings that have the right O.D. for the rim and the right I.D. for your spindles, then just add some spacers if you need to to get it all to bolt up. Or you could get your spindles machined down to yamaha size. I am sure there is a way you could do it. You need to remove some more weight now that you added that heavy blue bottle[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Have fun Dave

Old 07-15-2004, 12:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Thanks for the info Dave, I will try that... My ds is going on another serious diet. How is that machine of yours running? Where are you going riding next? Ill call you or you call me, I wanted to ask you some questions about the Nos fill station you have. Also, I heard madracing has been making some yfz big bores super fast, if you want more motor work... But then again your head bolts looked like they had been tampered with already[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] J/K I dont know if I can afford for you to get any faster...
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-15-2004, 01:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I had a set of shee ultra lite rims so I had eric make hubs to fit my ds. Take a look at pic 14