Utility ATVs Discussions on utility ATVs.

Please help! 2015 Honda Rancher

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 08:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help! 2015 Honda Rancher

Okay. I bought a Honda rancher back in April and have since only used two tanks of gas. This thing is brand new!

I found a good deal on a couple of light bars online and I bought them for the four wheeler. I have a 24inch light bar at the front. And two 6led pods on the back. I took it to one of my really good friends and we mounted the lights on the four wheeler. The 24 inch light bar up front it connected into the bright lights of the four wheeler. If your on low beams and hit the brights, then the brights and the led light bar cuts on. For the two in the back, we have it wired up to a toggle switch and it is cut on and off by a switch that we mounted up front. It was driving great all day long after we mounted them. Everything was working fine and I was extremely pleased. But tonight when I went to go load up the four wheeler, I went to go open the garage and when I returned to the wheeler outside it was off. I thought it was weird and so I tried to crank it back up and it did not respond.

Here are the symptoms

The lights up front will not cut on. Neither light bar or regular lights. But the toggle switch works and the back lights cut on. I messed with it a little bit and couldn't get a response so I then tried to push it inside. It will not roll forward. But however it will roll back. I had to turn it around and roll it back into the garage.
I have not messed with it since and will try again tomorrow. I am just trying to get some ideas as to what it could be. I am thinking it is a battery issue and somehow the toggle diet u might have drained it. But it shouldn't have.

I should probably note that a few days ago I was riding and I hit kind of a big bump. When I hit the bump my four wheeler shut off. I tried to crank it again and it did not cut on. I tried it a third time and then it finally turned over and I then drove it a little bit more. Back to the truck atleast.

I am conacting my buddy who knows about these kind of things and has his own shop. But I'm just kind of getting an idea as to what it could be before I try some stuff tomorrow.

Old 05-29-2015, 04:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fact that the rear lights work, and the front lights don't makes me think it could be an electrical issue. That same issue could be affecting the power to the starter motor. It may be worth checking the fuses (if hondas have fuses...) and the battery connections and wires. A big bump could have knocked them loose or slightly damaged them. I hope you can get going again. As for it rolling backwards, not forwards, that sounds like a gear thing, is it in gear still? I don't know if you can change it with the machine powered down, but if it was in neutral, it would roll either way usually